FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AG-AC90 AVCCAM

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Panasonic AG-AC90 AVCCAM
on Apr 1, 2014 at 11:02:33 pm
Last Edited By Vincent Strader on Apr 1, 2014 at 11:07:12 pm

Panasonic AG-AC90 AVCCAM + FCPX + latest OS = ?

A few of the posters in another forum seemed to suggest it worked easily with the latest OX and FCPX. But I'd trust the Cow more.

Would I need to purchase or download various encoders or would it work as easily as the JVC HM100U does with FCP7?

Edit*

I just read this below. However I still wonder if there has been any good or bad real world experience from people here.

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prModelDetail?storeId=1...
For editing or playback, professionals can transfer content by inserting the SD Memory Card into Mac or PC computers or by connecting the camera directly via its USB 2.0 interface. Panasonic’s AVCCAM Importer software, a QuickTime plug-in component that eliminates the need to convert AVCHD files to ProRES422 files before editing in Final Cut Pro, is available as a free download from the company’s web site.

Edit 2 Electric Bugaloo*

I just re-read and that's for FCP, not FCPX. So I guess my original wonder still stands.

Sorry for the multiple edits
Thanks,
Vinnie

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
Re: Panasonic AG-AC90 AVCCAM
on Apr 2, 2014 at 11:37:07 am

Vinnie,

I have an older Panasonic AVCCAM (HMC 150). Typically I remove my cards from the camera and use a Panasonic USB Card reader. Never had a problem pulling the footage directly into X. I generate Optimized and Proxy media. These days it's super easy to flip back and forth between formats while you are working.

Bottom line is I think you should be fine with the AC90/X combo.

-paul.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Panasonic AG-AC90 AVCCAM
on Apr 2, 2014 at 2:51:36 pm

Supposedly, fcpx can now handle native avchd (mts and mt2s), although I've never had a chance to try it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]