FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio keyframe changes?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
audio keyframe changes?
on Mar 29, 2014 at 9:06:34 pm

OK, in the previous versions of FCPX...you could at least select an audio keyframe and delete it.

So in 10.1, they've added the ability to slip and slide keyframes, but apparently changed deletion of keyframes to right clicking? (and obviously using the inspector)

Please tell me this isn't true.

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
Re: audio keyframe changes?
on Mar 29, 2014 at 10:12:08 pm

I believe there's a separate command for deleting keyframes. Look it up in the keyboard editor. Cmd-ctrl-k.

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP
My Moviola Webinar on Color Correcting in FCP X
My Moviola Webinar on Cutting News in FCP X

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 30, 2014 at 1:47:15 am

select keyframe> shift-option-delete.

Not sure why if it's highlighted you can't just hit delete. i mean hitting delete doesn't seem to do anything else.

Is there a way to move to next keyframe and highlight it using the keyboard. not a big fan of mousing

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Mar 30, 2014 at 3:50:47 am

OK, thanks guys. You can move to next keyframe using alt + ; and ' but you don't have to. Use the range selection tool and you can grab multiple keyframes to delete.

Any chance that I'm missing a "record audio keyframes" function they might have put back in? I LOVE that feature.

-Jason

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 30, 2014 at 6:18:13 am

thank you. now it actually makes more sense ergonomically since

alt-k adds a keyframe

alt-;

alt-' navigates between them

alt-shift-delete deletes them

though again, since once a keyframe is highlighted, delete would work fine
and would be consistent throughout FCP X or OS X for that matter.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Mar 30, 2014 at 2:27:04 pm

I usually hover over the audio gain line and holding option, u can click and add key frames.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 30, 2014 at 4:18:12 pm

I've been doing that too. However if I want to correct a small spike, where you need four keyframes to drag down just the spike, I find it easier to to use the play head and right and left arrows to add closely spaced keyframes.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 30, 2014 at 5:42:21 pm

[Craig Alan] "Not sure why if it's highlighted you can't just hit delete."

Delete behavior had to change because Apple changed the behavior of the range select tool. Now when you use range select, you can lasso several keyframes at once in order to move or adjust them together. If you hit delete and it only deleted keyframes, it would prevent a user from using the range tool to trim clips in the timeline. Hence the need for a specific "delete keyframe" shortcut.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 30, 2014 at 10:32:44 pm

Thanks. I tried to find the conflict but came up blank. Now I get it. Sort of. When would you want to move a collection of audio keyframes as a group?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 30, 2014 at 10:58:58 pm

All kinds of reasons to do so. The keyframes don't line up quite right but you don't want to have to reposition each of them one at a time. Or you've copy/pasted a series of keyframes from one clip to another but the second clip is of a different length so you need to adjust the keyframes to match. You have a series of keyframes in the front of a clip that are two low, but the ones at the end of the same clip are the right level.

Those are just off the top of my head.

Andy

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 31, 2014 at 12:51:13 am

I was thinking audio keyframes where I place them at exact points based on the waveforms and couldn't imagine how that would work on a different area of the timeline. But if they create a visual sequence I can see how that would come in to play. Never been real comfortable/fluid with key framing and trying to get past that. I guess even with audio, if I could copy four of them and paste them near another spike and then adjust two of them at a time down or up the line, it would save a lot of steps.

Maybe you could help with one more problem. When I'm watching the waveform while playing a sequence, the playhead quickly moves out of site to the right. Is there anyway of keeping the playhead centered as the sequence is played back without zooming out of the timeline to the point where I can't see much detail?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 31, 2014 at 2:35:20 am

[Craig Alan] "Is there anyway of keeping the playhead centered as the sequence is played back without zooming out of the timeline to the point where I can't see much detail?"

You're talking about scrolling playback. FCP doesn't have this and never has (even the old FCP). You can find it in Avid (for sure) and Premiere (I think), but to be honest, it's really of limited use. It's one of those features I always thought I wanted but couldn't stand when I tried it.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]