FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPro X 10.0.8 importing incomplete mxf files.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carolyn Dekkers
FCPro X 10.0.8 importing incomplete mxf files.
on Mar 29, 2014 at 2:32:53 pm

Hi there, I've been having problems getting MXF footage to import into FCPro X 10.0.8 The strange thing about it is that when I struggled several days ago with this problem, I downloaded a trial version of Brorsoft MXF converter and things went fine after only converting a few files - as if it gave me access to the other files in the same folder. I've since had to import more footage, but while I'm pretty sure I'm doing the same thing again, it creates an mpg file in my folder that opens and plays well in Finder (with both VLC and QT), which the mxf ones do also, but when I import them into fcpro, I get an incomplete file - a shortened, cut-off version.
This footage originated from a Canon300, and I merely copied all the contents from the drive that came with the camera hirage. The complete folders were transferred to an external drive (that's brand-new). This is what FCPro imported the earlier, succesful files as: Canon XF 422 50Mbps 1080P23.98, Linear PCM. They show up as singular files and have imported in their entirety. Not so with my other files. They have this data: Calibrated XDCAM422 1080p24, Linear PCMand

Getting desperate, have deadline. Please help!! Thanks, Carolyn :)

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: FCPro X 10.0.8 importing incomplete mxf files.
on Mar 29, 2014 at 7:51:06 pm

That's because the MXF trial plugin only imports part of the file. They'd um like it much more if you actually purchased their plugin...

Return to posts index

Carolyn Dekkers
on Mar 29, 2014 at 9:31:25 pm

I started with the trial but have since purchased it. Also I thought maybe it was because of a glitch in that converter but it shows up as a full mpg. file in Finder - i can play it in full. But when importing it in FCP X it imports only the partial file. Any thought on why that could be?

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Mar 30, 2014 at 6:34:12 pm

I shoot a lot of C 300 material and cut it in X . I have the canon plug in and have no issues importing the canon files with out converting the mxf's before hand.
I think you making an extra step for yourself that you don't actually need. Just get the canon plug in and go to town.

Return to posts index

Carolyn Dekkers
on Mar 30, 2014 at 9:16:10 pm

Thanks Mark,

I wasn't having much luck with that plug in. Don't know why but it wasn't recognizing my files at all, maybe because I wasn't importing directly from my camera but from a folder instead. I've just finished converting the last of my files into .mov so will be mixing it up. Have tried an export with both mpg/.mov - so far so good. Here's hoping no problems pop up when it comes down to audio syncing... Cheers!

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Mar 30, 2014 at 11:41:04 pm

My experience with the plug in has been faultless. YMMV, I suppose.

I usually cut with native files and then make a pro- rez on the way out of the project as a master file. Going native really is a time saver if you can do it.

Return to posts index

Carolyn Dekkers
on Mar 31, 2014 at 1:29:30 am

Yep, took me ages, but I was wasting even more time trying to figure out my problem. Thanks again for your response. I'll try again with the plug in next time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]