FORUMS: list search recent posts

Titles duration

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fernando Kanano
Titles duration
on Mar 28, 2014 at 3:57:14 am

Hello.

New to FCPX coming from FCP7. I'm editing a video where I have talking heads, and I added text (titles) to each person. The title generator I selected adds an edge wipe in and out effect, and it makes the text move slowly across the screen. The text is visible the entire time a person is talking. Since each person's clip has a different duration, I adjusted the title's duration to the clip's duration, but now each title's build in and out effect's duration varies from clip to clip. This doesn't look good. On some clips the title build in effect takes way too long, and on others it builds in too fast. Is there a way to adjust the duration of a title without affecting the duration of the build in and built out effect?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: Titles duration
on Mar 28, 2014 at 4:33:33 am

It kind of depends on the title but a lot of them will automatically stretch out the build based on the length. If this is an issue you can always make your own titles in Motion or not use the built-in builds.

Return to posts index

Dave Brandt
on Mar 28, 2014 at 6:51:42 pm

If you have motion, open the title in it, move play head to where the in animation is finished, put a timeline marker here and modify it to be 'build in mandatory'
Next Navigate to just before the out animation starts and put a timeline marker here and modify it to be 'build out mandatory'
Save, possibly as new title and now when you stretch it in fcp x it will only stretch the middle.
Hope that helps
Dave

http://www.BrandtStudios.ie

Macbook Pro Retina 15" i7 2.7 16GB Early 2013
PC i7 32GB Self Build
FCPX LogicX Adobe CC Vegas 12 Nuendo 4

Return to posts index

Krzysztof Lorent
on Apr 2, 2014 at 9:08:04 pm

What is the difference between 'build in mandatory" and "'build in optional"

Return to posts index

Dave Brandt
on Apr 2, 2014 at 9:43:56 pm

Build in Mandatory means it will always animate in, Build in optional presents a tick box to Final cut where you can choose to have the animation on or off

Dave

http://www.BrandtStudios.ie

Macbook Pro Retina 15" i7 2.7 16GB Early 2013
PC i7 32GB Self Build
FCPX LogicX Adobe CC Vegas 12 Nuendo 4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]