FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cross dissolves drop when layered

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Moore
Cross dissolves drop when layered
on Mar 27, 2014 at 10:32:19 pm

When adding multi-layered animation to a project (think talking head in the storyboard with a full-screen background graphic in the layer above and a text generator above that each with cross dissolves on them) We find that occasionally the cross dissolves ... don't. Instead, we usually see the text layer over black. No cross dissolve on the text and both layers below are essentially gone.

The only fix we have found is to delete cross-dissolves from both the text generator and the background gfx then reapply. Sometimes this is fixed on the first try. Sometimes it takes several goes.

Any ideas on what is happening and how to fix this problem?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Cross dissolves drop when layered
on Mar 28, 2014 at 12:26:57 am

Do you have a screen shot? I've never seen or heard of this.

Return to posts index

Austin Moore
on Mar 28, 2014 at 5:13:12 pm

Had to recreate it this morning. Sadly, didn't take long.

The top cross dissolve is working. But then the 360 gfx (a Generator but this happens with .mov files int he same position) disappears as does the interview below.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 28, 2014 at 8:12:43 pm

Does the generator use some sort of blend mode? Transitioning in and out of a blend mode is always iffy results.

Return to posts index

Austin Moore
on Mar 28, 2014 at 9:13:28 pm

No special blending. Just the normal setting. This does happen with this Generator, but before I created that, this was an .mov file in that spot and the same problem would occur. Not every time, but often enough.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 29, 2014 at 3:28:29 am

What you could do is put the text and generator below the primary and remove their dissolves. Then dissolve the primary layer out, revealing the layers beneath, and then fade it back in. Or if you want to keep the text and generator above the primary, you can turn them into a compound clip, and add dissolves to the front and end of the compound.

Return to posts index

Austin Moore
on Mar 29, 2014 at 1:10:55 pm

The latter is probably the way to go. We run at such a fast pace, I got my head above water in FCPX and am learning new things as we go. So compond clips something I was told about, but haven't played with much. I'll explore that Monday and let you know how it goes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]