FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fcp7 to 7toX to Fcx XML import error 'the item is not on an edit frame boundary'... How to correct?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Underwood
Fcp7 to 7toX to Fcx XML import error 'the item is not on an edit frame boundary'... How to correct?
on Mar 26, 2014 at 1:04:33 am

The steps I took:
1- In Fcp7, select the sequence in the browser, file>export>xml, checked 'save project w/latest clip metadata, did NOT check 'include master clips outside selection'.
2- In 7toX, (with FCPX closed) opened the new file, saved to xml file, not 'send to fcx'.
3- In FCPX, file>import>Xml, and here's the error... If someone knows what will fix this, I'd appreciate it immensely... Thanks ~

~ Steve Underwood

Computer: MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9.1
Processor: 2.6GHz, Intel Core i7, Memory: 16GB
Intel Iris Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, FCX 10.1.1
Pegasus 4TB RAID

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Fcp7 to 7toX to Fcx XML import error 'the item is not on an edit frame boundary'... How to correct?
on Mar 26, 2014 at 1:28:54 am

[Stephen Underwood] "If someone knows what will fix this, I'd appreciate it immensely... Thanks ~"

Hit the Feedback link in the 7toX menu, they're very responsive. Having said that, this isn't a huge deal, your project should still open OK. what you might get is some random single frame bits of clips in your FCP X timeline, which you can delete. But do send a note to Greg via the link...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Stephen Underwood
Re: Fcp7 to 7toX to Fcx XML import error 'the item is not on an edit frame boundary'... How to correct?
on Mar 26, 2014 at 1:45:04 am

Thanks for the tip. Just sent feedback to Greg.

The larger problem is that the media referenced in the FCP7 sequences (2008) was completely rearranged/reorganized into about 100 subfolders last year and relinking seems all but impossible drilling down to check for 'matches' in each folder. (All clips DO show up in the FCP7 sequence though). If there was a way to bring the clips referenced in the FPC7 sequence along into FCPX, that would be great. Any hope there? Or some other solution that I don't know about?

~ Steve Underwood

Pegasus 4TB RAID

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Mar 26, 2014 at 1:48:27 am
Last Edited By Charlie Austin on Mar 26, 2014 at 1:50:57 am

[Stephen Underwood] "If there was a way to bring the clips referenced in the FPC7 sequence along into FCPX, that would be great. Any hope there? Or some other solution that I don't know about?"

Not really sure... I guess you could dupe the 7 sequence and use the FCP 7 media mangler... uh, manager... to consolidate the clips used in the sequence to a single folder, then do the 7 to X thing with that sequence? Maybe someone else has a better idea...

edit: Not suer why they're showing offline in X either... if 7 sees them X should I think...

Return to posts index

Stephen Underwood
on Mar 26, 2014 at 1:58:39 am

Wild thought... Could I create alaises (or have FCPX create sym links?) and drag all the 'alaised' media from the subfolders to one BIG folder that would contain 'virtually' every clip that could have possibly been referenced in these the FCP7 sequence?

If someone knows the step-by-step and it's possible, that would be great... Thanks ~

~ Steve Underwood

Pegasus 4TB RAID

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Mar 26, 2014 at 1:59:43 am

[Stephen Underwood] "Wild thought... Could I create alaises (or have FCPX create sym links?) and drag all the 'alaised' media from the subfolders to one BIG folder that would contain 'virtually' every clip that could have possibly been referenced in these the FCP7 sequence?

If someone knows the step-by-step and it's possible, that would be great... Thanks ~"

Not a clue. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]