FORUMS: list search recent posts

Update two Fcx10.09 projects to a specific Event in v10.1? (All events are already updated to 10.1)...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Underwood
Update two Fcx10.09 projects to a specific Event in v10.1? (All events are already updated to 10.1)...
on Mar 25, 2014 at 6:33:09 pm

In 'Event Mgr', there are no 'old events'. They've been updated. Without having Fcx10.1 create a whole new library, is there a way to update and associate the 2 projects (below) with the event 'Water Bodies' (below)? If there a 'best' way to drag or copy to 'Water Bodies' within Fcx, I'd love to have that step by step... Thanks!

~ Steve Underwood

Computer: MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9.1
Processor: 2.6GHz, Intel Core i7, Memory: 16GB
Intel Iris Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, FCX 10.1.1
Pegasus 4TB RAID

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Update two Fcx10.09 projects to a specific Event in v10.1? (All events are already updated to 10.1)...
on Mar 25, 2014 at 7:21:50 pm

Did you just try the "Update..." command? As long as you have an old FCP projects and FCP Events folder pair in your movies folder (looks like you do), it should see them. It'll create a Library from which you can copy the projects into the current Library. Make sure and keep the old projects when prompted after the update just in case!

I did do this ages ago, and I remember there being some relinking issues etc, but I think it eventually worked. Maybe someone else can chime in...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Don Smith
Re: Update two Fcx10.09 projects to a specific Event in v10.1? (All events are already updated to 10.1)...
on Mar 25, 2014 at 9:12:06 pm

Charlie is right. File > Update Projects and Events should find those two projects and create an untitled Event. Once in FCPX, just drag the projects to the Library that contains the media within the projects and the projects should update its links to the raw material. If not, its easy to relink.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]