FORUMS: list search recent posts

Projects and Events don't show up in FCPX although hard drive shows up

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasmine Rao
Projects and Events don't show up in FCPX although hard drive shows up
on Mar 21, 2014 at 4:12:29 pm

Hi Guys

So here's the deal, I have been working on a certain project in fcpx, then took a break for a couple of days. During that time, I put some projects and events from another hard drive into the already existing Final Cut Projects and Final Cut Events folders (they are at root level btw). After that, none of the projects and events show up in fcpx, although the drive does.

I tried to look for files that could have made the hard drive look like a camera to fcpx (avchd, dcim) and there weren't any. Are there maybe other files that could do that? I work with dslr footage.

I deleted the projects and events I added and the original project I was working on still doesn't show up. I'm not sure where to go from here...

Oh, and one more thing, I switched between working on the 10.0.8 version of fcpx and 10.0.9 version while working on that first project. Do you think that would have screwed something up? Even if it did, I feel like something would show up right? Plus I have done that before and there haven't been issues.

I'm currently using 10.0.8. I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

Jasmine

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: Projects and Events don't show up in FCPX although hard drive shows up
on Mar 21, 2014 at 6:08:53 pm

Yeah sounds like you probably messed up the database someplace with all of the finder action and switching between versions. I'd recommend moving up to 10.1.1. Send a screenshot of your root drive directory.

Return to posts index

Jasmine Rao
on Mar 21, 2014 at 6:38:25 pm

Thanks for the reply James. Darn, yea I figured that did something. I actually tried upgrading but my laptop doesn't support the newest version unfortunately. Here's the screenshot:

Let me know what you see!

Jasmine

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 21, 2014 at 7:31:18 pm

In FCPX, try and make a new Event on the hard drive.

What happens?

Return to posts index

Jasmine Rao
on Mar 21, 2014 at 8:26:20 pm

Thank you so much for the suggestion Jeremy! I feel silly not thinking about trying that. I created a new event , checked my hard drive and saw that a new final cut events project was made so I'm guessing there was something wrong with the current folder, which is why nothing was showing up. So I put all the events in the new folder and did the same thing with my projects and now it all works! Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 21, 2014 at 9:51:37 pm

Perfect.

Glad you're up and running.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]