FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extending Keyframes beyond a clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Krieger
Extending Keyframes beyond a clip
on Mar 21, 2014 at 6:09:26 am

So, in Final Cut 7, I would hand keyframe most everything. I could create a continuous motion by extending my keyframe beyond the end of a clip. In FCP X, even when I hand keyframe and put it at the last frame, it stops moving before the clip goes off the screen…which I don't want.

How do I keep the motion (scale, position) going until the clip is off screen? Other posts suggested using the precision editor, but I don't see how to manipulate keyframes when the precision editor is viewed.

Thx for any help!

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: Extending Keyframes beyond a clip
on Mar 21, 2014 at 12:38:51 pm

There are several ways to do this.

If you need to see the video in the viewer to set its parameters, use the keyframe editor (Control V). Drag the end of the clip out by a second or whatever duration you need, create the keyframe after where the clip will end and then drag the end of the clip back to its original position.

You can also do it in the inspector if you know what you want your parameters to be. For instance if you have your video scaled to 50% and you want it to scale up to 100% as it goes off the screen just set a keyframe where you want the transform to start (for instance 1 second before the end of the clip) and then, with the clip selected, place the play-head (for instance) 15 frames after the end of the clip. In the inspector set the scale to 100%. A keyframe will automatically be created and your motion will continue past the end of the clip.

anickt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]