FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyboard shortcut to raise and lower volume

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Sherman
Keyboard shortcut to raise and lower volume
on Mar 18, 2014 at 6:23:10 pm

I know about the Ctrl+ and Ctrl- shortcuts. But they only work on the entire clip you have selected. I also know you can select a range, but that's overly time-consuming - especially when your tweaking some keyframes that already exist. And it doesn't work so well with connected clips.

What I would like is to have some shortcut keys that work on the keyframe or segment of the volume envelope you have selected. So you can have faster, finer and more accurate adjustment than with the mouse.

I don't think it's currently possible. Am I missing something.

Return to posts index

Matt Trubac
Re: Keyboard shortcut to raise and lower volume
on Mar 18, 2014 at 6:58:13 pm

I don't know of one, but I do get finer and more accurate adjustment by holding the command key while using the mouse.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 18, 2014 at 7:31:52 pm

[Brett Sherman] "I know about the Ctrl+ and Ctrl- shortcuts. But they only work on the entire clip you have selected."

They also work within a range, automatically adding keyframes and adjusting the audio for only the range selected.

[Brett Sherman] " also know you can select a range, but that's overly time-consuming - especially when your tweaking some keyframes that already exist. And it doesn't work so well with connected clips."

I don't see this myself. The range tool works fine for me on connected clips. And now you can use the range tool to select multiple keyframes which is really helpful.

[Brett Sherman] "What I would like is to have some shortcut keys that work on the keyframe or segment of the volume envelope you have selected."

Once you have keyframes selected, you can use OPT+up or down to nudge the keyframes 1 db without affecting deselected keyframes.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
on Mar 18, 2014 at 7:34:12 pm

Opt-up arrow and down arrow work for selected audio keyframes. It's quite nice to be able to just raise or lower range of keyframes. You can also move them left or right with . and ,. It seems to do that in subframes. Shift . and , move it "many" frames.

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP
My Moviola Webinar on Color Correcting in FCP X
My Moviola Webinar on Cutting News in FCP X

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Mar 19, 2014 at 2:49:45 pm

That's it. Nudge up and nudge down. No wonder I didn't find it in the commands. I had to change the keyboard layout though since the way I use it is to hold the mouse button down while I hit the keys. Since I'm right-handed I had to move my keyboard hand to the right-side of the keyboard to do it.

I changed it to Option-A up and Option-Z down.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]