FORUMS: list search recent posts

mark selects with favorites > select all clips > lay down as a sequence. Am I missing something?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
mark selects with favorites > select all clips > lay down as a sequence. Am I missing something?
on Mar 17, 2014 at 5:55:02 am

I went through, clipped out all of the shots I want from several clips, I then select all clips and lay them all down into a "project" (aka sequence).

I have keywords associated to the entire clip in many cases, and for some reason, it brings the entire keyword down to the edit as well as the favorite segment. I JUST want the favorited piece of the clip.

-Jason

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: mark selects with favorites > select all clips > lay down as a sequence. Am I missing something?
on Mar 17, 2014 at 6:21:44 am

You need to sort your event browser view to Favorites Only (CTL+F).

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: mark selects with favorites > select all clips > lay down as a sequence. Am I missing something?
on Mar 17, 2014 at 3:58:53 pm

I did that, and what it's doing is laying down the favorite segment and also the entire keyworded portion (which is the entire clip).

I can't get it do it consistently either way, if I expand the clip, I see the keyword and favorite. If I select the favorite and then lay it down with the keyboard (Q W or E) it lays down the 4 second clip. If I collapse the clip and select the clip, it now lays down the favorite. If I then go to another clip, and press the same QWE, it lays down the entire 3:00 clip that is keyworded.

Make sense?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 17, 2014 at 4:12:17 pm

Don't worry about expanding or collapsing the clip. I think you're problem is that you have the full clip selected before you switch view to Favorites. Show All Clips in the viewer. Deselect any range in your full clip by hitting OPT+X. Then switch to Favorites view (CTL+F). Grab all the favorite clips and hit E to drop them into your sequence. It should work.

The problem is that FCPX seems to be remembering previously selected ranges and that isn't reset when changing to a view like Favorites. It's kind of unexpected behavior so I'd complain about it on the Feedback Form.

Andy

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Mar 17, 2014 at 8:14:04 pm

Ok, I think I understand. I'm not in front of my machine now. When using opt+x, does that clear what's selected? Or anything in the browser? Can u "deselect" multiple things at once?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 17, 2014 at 8:41:27 pm

OPT+X will clear any and all ranges on the selected clip. So even if you have multiple ranges on one clip OPT+X will get rid of them.

Andy

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Mar 17, 2014 at 10:54:34 pm

That was it. Odd behavior, solid answer! :) thanks man!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]