FORUMS: list search recent posts

Manipulating rendered files inside of other programs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Korry Shepard
Manipulating rendered files inside of other programs
on Mar 16, 2014 at 5:30:18 am

Hello,

My name is Shep and I am a relatively new cinematographer. I have a few questions to ask actually.

I would like to edit individual clips originally cut and graded in FCPX inside of other programs, then reload those clips back into FCPX 10 for final export. As with everything in life, things are not that simple.

The programs I want to use, more specifically, is Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 & Motion 5. These programs open up other options that I can use for continued color grading, adding moving text, etc.

As far as I have been able to find out, the only way to import video clips from FCPX into Premiere is to purchase Xto7 for $49.99 from the App Store. Xto7 somehow manipulates an FCPXML file and makes it comparable with Premiere Pro CS6. Can I use Xto7 with individual clips or only the entire project? Does Xto7 export RENDERED video clips or just raw footage form the source files? The answer to these questions will determine if I drop $50 for it or not. I am afraid to buy the program only to find out it doesn't even do what I want it to do. It's such a mundane and insignificant process to me, hardly worth $50. Alas, if the price doesn't drop I guess to those who absolutely need it it's worth making the developers rich.

I have XtoPro Audio Convert (cost me $99) and all it does is makes FCPXML audio files readable to Pro Tools... that is the version of the FCPXML file that was made before this new FCPX update to 10.1.?.

I do have the most up-to-date version of Motion 5, and it is more than capable of doing what I want to do but in order to use Motion 5 with this project, I have to export the whole video from FCPX w/ grading & effects included and import the entire 4 minute video into Motion 5 without the markers, cues or whatever else that separates individual clips. This is a very inefficient way to work. Don't know if there is an easier way to work with my current software or not.

There is a little program called 'ClipExporter' that can export individual .MOV clips from the FCPX project timeline so they can be edited in other programs, but 'ClipExporter' does not export the RENDERED files - as in my color grading and other special editing I did with my clips are not included inside of the export, just the raw footage imported from my camera.

I have searched the Internet high and low searching for any answers. Instead I've only found more frustration.

The most important question I have to ask is a theoretical one. Is it at all possible to export RENDERED clips from FCPX and import them into other programs like Motion 5?

I don't know if I'm making any sense or not but I have a general idea of what I want to do... just need a little help being pointed in the right direction.

Thank you in advance to anyone who cares to read this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]