FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Issues…Again and Again

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Krieger
Exporting Issues…Again and Again
on Mar 15, 2014 at 8:06:49 am

Pretty frustrated with FCPX right now. I have about 40, twenty minute videos that need to be exported to vimeo. I try to export a few each night. But I keep getting that darn QuickTime -50 error. And when I get it…it won't allow any of the other exports to move forward. I was using the straight to vimeo export from FCPX. Now I am trying to separate the compressing/exporting and uploading (export to my hard drive then upload myself to vimeo). Still getting the issue. Deleted project render files and tried again. Still get the error. I have 40 of these. At this rate…

Any advice would be appreciated. Thx.

Return to posts index

tony west
Re: Exporting Issues…Again and Again
on Mar 15, 2014 at 4:32:50 pm

Are you getting it even when you export to the desktop and then upload?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 15, 2014 at 5:45:20 pm

What version of fcpx and OS?

Return to posts index

Jeff Krieger
on Mar 16, 2014 at 5:44:39 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for responding. I am using v10.0.8. Pinpointed certain compound clips that have very small portions that weren't rendering. Typically, when I get the quicktime -50 error, it's b/c of unrendered files. Ungrouped those clips and trying again.

In my reading, I've found that these issues are recurring in this version of FCPX. Do you think it's safe to upgrade to Mavericks and FCPX 10.1.1?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 16, 2014 at 6:57:39 pm

[Jeff Krieger] "In my reading, I've found that these issues are recurring in this version of FCPX."

Precisely. Even 10.0.9 would be better as it was fixed there.

The move from 10.0 to 10.1 is a big step. Not only is it an OS update but the structure of fcpx events and projects has completely changed.

If you try and update right now, will it allow you to update to 10.0.9 or is 10.1 the only version available?

Do you happen to have 10.0.9 on another machine?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Chuck Pelini
on Mar 17, 2014 at 1:59:55 pm

I remember getting the QuickTime -50 error a lot. To fix it, I had to delete all render files before export. Also, turn off auto render.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]