FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relinking "Incompatible Files"..."must have same media type & similar audio channels..."

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Underwood
Relinking "Incompatible Files"..."must have same media type & similar audio channels..."
on Mar 12, 2014 at 12:38:24 am

I'm not sure why I am getting this message sometimes as I've been relinking files on a portable drive. The original media was copied unaltered from the RAID drive. If there is a way to get these clips relinked, I could use some help...

Where do I 'select a single item to get info about why it's not compatible'... and then what can I do to fix the issue?

~ Steve Underwood

Computer: MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9.1
Processor: 2.6GHz, Intel Core i7, Memory: 16GB
Intel Iris Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, FCX 10.1.1
Pegasus 4TB RAID

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Relinking "Incompatible Files"..."must have same media type & similar audio channels..."
on Mar 12, 2014 at 1:23:31 am

Any chance you opened these files in Adobe Ae or Pr CS6 or earlier?

Return to posts index

Stephen Underwood
Re: Relinking "Incompatible Files"..."must have same media type & similar audio channels..."
on Mar 12, 2014 at 10:52:32 am

No... In a rush to get stuff on a portable drive this is what I did:
Copied all original media to the portable at finder level. Then, also at finder level, dragged 4 libraries in. 3 of them needed a bit of relinking but no errors as described.

The original media hasn't been changed in duration, etc. It has been referenced with 10.09 projects previously.

If anyone can tell me where to 'select a single item to get info about why it's not compatible'... and then what can I do to fix the issue, that would be great.

I just need to be able to drag some clips into a timeline for viewing temporarily, I won't be trying to open these projects after this road trip.

~ Steve Underwood

Computer: MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9.1
Processor: 2.6GHz, Intel Core i7, Memory: 16GB
Intel Iris Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, FCX 10.1.1
Pegasus 4TB RAID

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 12, 2014 at 3:52:35 pm
Last Edited By Jeremy Garchow on Mar 12, 2014 at 3:52:51 pm

So you didn't update to 10.1 until after you moved the files?

If not and, the files are working on the original media set, why not use FCPX to copy the libraries and media to the external drive?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]