FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create Favorite Transition in FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Vandall
Create Favorite Transition in FCP X
on Mar 11, 2014 at 4:31:42 pm

Is there a way to create a custom transition? I made a simple fade to white dissolve and I want to apply that same element to several edit points in a piece I am working on.

I noticed you can't copy and paste an existing transition in X like you were able to do in 7.

I am running into going back to the transition browser and building one all over again slowing down the work flow.

Any help on this would be great!!

Thanks,

Pete

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Create Favorite Transition in FCP X
on Mar 11, 2014 at 4:39:07 pm

[Peter Vandall] "Is there a way to create a custom transition?"

If you have Motion. You can open the transition in Motion, make changes and save it as a new transition. You can even create a category called, "Favorites" and save them in one place.

If you don't have Motion, you can still hold OPT down while dragging the transition from one point to another to copy it.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 11, 2014 at 7:44:06 pm

[Andy Neil] "If you don't have Motion, you can still hold OPT down while dragging the transition from one point to another to copy it."

Which is pretty much what I did in legacy for 12 years. Never really got into the favorites thing. It

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Mar 11, 2014 at 7:30:05 pm

I suspect you're not actually talking about a transition from a template but a manually configured transition like ramping down the clip opacity and such because if you had actually made a transition you would have done it in Motion and would know about Motion already.

As Andy says, you need Motion to create and save transitions, effects and generators. RippleTraining.com has an excellent Motion tutorial series. Most of the templates in your Final Cut effects browsers can be opened in Motion by right-clicking on one of the templates. Modify it and Save As.. under a different name.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Peter Vandall
on Mar 12, 2014 at 6:07:50 pm

Thanks everyone for responding. You are all so very helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]