FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 10.1 upgrade questions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Simboli
FCPX 10.1 upgrade questions
on Mar 11, 2014 at 12:36:50 pm

I have several years worth of FCPX projects and events stored on 9 drives (all are Thunderbolt RAID 1 external enclosures). Most of the projects have multicam clips. When I upgraded from FCPX 10.0.9 to FCPX 10.1 I tried the Phil Hodgetts method of upgrading project by project using Event Manager X, but I ran into problems right away because I could not access all of the drives that FCPX wanted to see (I realized too late that I had exceeded the 6 Thunderbolt per bus limit, so some of the drives were not mounting). When I got all of the drives up and running I switched over to the Apple upgrade approach (all drives to be upgraded at one time) instead of the Event Manager project by project approach. I started to get "disk out of space" errors, which was probably because I was starting to accumulate multiple libraries on each drive, because of the false start I had at the beginning. I started throwing out the duplicate libraries and was able to complete the upgrade to 10.1, but then I found I had a lot of missing clips which I tried to manually relink. But even when a drive told me there are no more missing files, I still have red clips in the project. My FCPX 10.0.9 archives include essential projects/ events but I do not have clones of the drives that now have FCPX 10.1 files on them. I chose to "Save the "Old FCPX Folders and Events" when I upgraded to 10.1 so I could probably get back to where I was before I started the upgrade, but I don't know what to do with the video in the "external media" folders that are now on the drives. Should I start over with another attempt to upgrade to 10.1, or should I try to fix the relink problems I have?

FCPX 10.1; Imac 3.4 Ghz Intel Core I7; OS 10.9.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]