FORUMS: list search recent posts

editing FCPx Transitions and making favorites

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Smith
editing FCPx Transitions and making favorites
on Mar 9, 2014 at 10:02:27 pm

I'm over my head here, but I know that of a copy FCPx effects can be edited in Motion and saved back to the effects browser. I'm trying to build/edit a few favorites to replace some Goofy standard effects in FCPx and wind up with a few favorites I can use.

The sticking point seems to be that a few transitions I'd like to modify and save as favorites can't be opened in motion by right clicking .
So my question is whether there is a work around for opening a copy of a transition such as 'slide' in motion and doing a bit of surgery on it and saving it as a template to the effects browser?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: editing FCPx Transitions and making favorites
on Mar 9, 2014 at 10:10:58 pm

That means that they're not built with motion. Don't think you can play with those. But the slide transition is probably one of my favorites. No need to change that one!

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 10, 2014 at 12:49:34 am

You can make some or most of the Slide transition as Motion effect. You'd have to do it by scratch though since that particular effect wasn't created in Motion. Usually when an effect is coded separately outside of the Motion engine, it usually means that there's an aspect of it that doesn't react properly in the Motion to FCPX translation. But most of the slide effects should be copyable inside Motion.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Mar 10, 2014 at 1:56:06 pm

i'm not up to speed on motion, and while i might be able to alter a copied effect, I'm a ways away from making my own at this point as I've never really done anything with motion prior to this time. I'll keep at it, though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]