FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alt-Shift-Click Equivalent

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam White
Alt-Shift-Click Equivalent
on Mar 9, 2014 at 12:57:56 pm

In FCP7 there was a great little manoeuvre you could do to duplicate an item in the timeline.

If you held down ALT and SHIFT, and then clicked the desired item with the left mouse button it would create an exact duplicate, which you could then move around and drop anywhere in the timeline.

Is there an alternative for this behaviour in FCPX? Copy and Pasting seems cumbersome, especially since it will drop the pasted item where the skimmer is (I think), which is often not where you want it to be. Simply being able to drop the new item exactly where you need straight away would be better.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Alt-Shift-Click Equivalent
on Mar 9, 2014 at 1:41:56 pm

Hold option. Click and drag. Hold shift to constrain horizontal.

You can also copy and paste as connected, but, yes it pastes at skimmer or playhead position in that order.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 9, 2014 at 1:43:03 pm

Don't touch shift. You didn't need to touch shift in 7 either, but it kept the clip from moving horizontally. In X, the shift stupidly negates the alt ( option ) key in this case. My muscle empty has issued with this too. Just option drag and it'll snap if you have snapping on.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 9, 2014 at 5:27:30 pm

[Bret Williams] "In X, the shift stupidly negates the alt ( option ) key in this case."

Exactly. This annoys me to no end because I have 12 years muscle memory of doing this in Legacy.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Adam White
on Mar 12, 2014 at 6:23:35 pm

Thanks guys, good to know this little trick can still be done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]