FORUMS: list search recent posts

Odd FCPx behavior

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Smith
Odd FCPx behavior
on Mar 8, 2014 at 10:26:40 pm

I have FCPx running on a iMac with a secondary display. the secondary display is larger than the iMac and so I want to use that display for the time line and the iMac display for the browser. the secondary display is connected to the the iMac with thunderbolt to Dvi adapter. The iMac is running mavericks and I have FCp 10.1.1 Set up this way, the focus does not follow the cursor and neither do the keyboard short cuts work as they should. So command 1 get focus to the browser, command 2 doesn't shift focus to the time line, but if I do command 3 that will bring focus to the viewer and then I do command 2 to bring focus to the time line . Using the mouse is is the same deal, it always seems like I have to go from the browser to the viewer and then to the time line. If try to go to from the browser to the time line there is no focus shift.

Any suggestions as to how to get this working properly?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Odd FCPx behavior
on Mar 9, 2014 at 2:47:35 am

http://www.larryjordan.biz/fcp-x-trash-preferences-video/

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Carter
on Mar 9, 2014 at 2:53:28 am

I've trashed preferences before and it does not help this situation at all.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 9, 2014 at 3:23:40 am

ok ... just a thought.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Carter
on Mar 9, 2014 at 2:51:52 am

I have the same set up and have always had problems with getting FCPX to get the right focus. Sometimes you have to cycle between cmd-1, cmd-2 and cmd-3 several times before it works. It is something that I constantly have to fight with.

It behaves much better if you have the two viewer layout (ctrl-cmd-3). But I'd like to see Apple fix this bug which has been with 10.0.0.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Mar 9, 2014 at 1:03:15 pm

So the gist of this is that FCPx really doen't function properly in a dual screen situation or is this dual screen odd behavior only with an imac running a second screen?
It would seem odd that FCPx would not run on a dual screen system properly ......

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 9, 2014 at 1:47:13 pm

Run perfectly fine on my iMac with the secondary screen for events. Must be when you use the secondary for timeline. I wonder if the OP issuing it in full screen mode?

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Mar 9, 2014 at 2:49:12 pm

Yes I am using the secondary screen for the time line because its a larger screen and that's the way I had FCP7 set up and that worked perfectly .
I suppose I could switch it around but it seems odd and of a waste of screen space to use the larger monitor for the browser

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]