FORUMS: list search recent posts

optimal way to plug in Tbolt peripherals into new MacPro?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Culbertson
optimal way to plug in Tbolt peripherals into new MacPro?
on Mar 8, 2014 at 2:05:07 am

Just received my MacPro.

I've read that one should not plug monitors into the same thunderbolt bus. Any other recommendations for optimal plug in choices for peripherals with new MacPro?

Promise Pegasus2 R4, Matrox adaptor to MXO2-LE w/Max, 30" and 23" ACD, and Belkin Tbolt Express Dock.

Thanks, James

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: optimal way to plug in Tbolt peripherals into new MacPro?
on Mar 8, 2014 at 2:19:00 am

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5918

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Mar 8, 2014 at 4:35:50 am

After lots of testing I ended up putting both my monitors on one bus. However the lower of the two bus connectors is primary. So I put my main monitor on the lower connector and my second monitor above it on the same bus. I have my Pegasus raid on it's own bus and the AJA XT thunderbolt on it own bus. I tried both the BM Mini Monitor & the AJA T-Tap and couldn't get audio to sync unless they both were set to use the same output. In my case that was HDMI. Once I started using the AJA IO XT thunderbolt all the sync problems cleared up!

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
Mac Pro 3.5MHz 6-Core Late 2013
FCP X

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Mar 8, 2014 at 2:51:58 pm

Dave, looking at the mapping of port numbers in the article Jeremy linked to, please specify the port numbers for each device. When your post mentioned "lower" were primary, it's not clear (at least to me). Thanks.

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Mar 9, 2014 at 11:12:51 am

I also have a new Mac Pro. 12 cores. Maxed to the hilt.

At first i put all three monitors on Bus 0. That's the HDMI at the bottom (for timeline output) and two monitors on the bottom ports (across). The Mac Pro would only light up two of the monitors.

Then I read the support article and I put one monitor on each bus. Perfect. All three light up and FCPX can now choose to use the display on the HDMI port as a timeline output display. I have three Thunderbolt drives and I also distributed them among the three buses. Things work well now.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

James Culbertson
on Mar 9, 2014 at 10:26:23 pm

Are you using a dual-link monitor or two, or just single-link monitor connections?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]