FORUMS: list search recent posts

best method to downsize 59.94 fps 1080p to anamorphic ntsc for dvd

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris walker
best method to downsize 59.94 fps 1080p to anamorphic ntsc for dvd
on Mar 8, 2014 at 1:45:09 am

I had asked a long time ago about methods for downsizing 1080i footage shot at 29.97 for making a DVD without it looking horrible, and I was told about a method involving mpeg streamclip which I have been using with decent results. But now I have 59.94 fps 1080p footage that I edited on a matching timeline, and using the streamclip method there is massive pixelization. Please help! I tried putting the footage on an NTSC timeline and that looks horrible too. I learned about the streamclip method a few years ago; perhaps now there is another method. I have fcp x for editing and adobe encore for authoring dvds.

Also, what's the best original HD footage to shoot if I'm going to be downscaling for DVDs? 1080i 29.97, or 1080p 29.97, or 1080p 59.94? I want to use that last option if I can get away with it because it looks best for blu-ray.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
Re: best method to downsize 59.94 fps 1080p to anamorphic ntsc for dvd
on Mar 10, 2014 at 3:20:50 am

I have a Canon XA-20 that offers all those different formats. When I shoot 28 Mbps AVCHD Canon camera calls it 59.4 p.but then in the manual they describe it is 59.94 field per second interlaced. FCPX interprets it as 1920 by 1080 59.94 P. Slightly confusing. They say at 28 Mbps this will not be able to go directly to blu-ray.

Anyway, my first approach would be to use Compressor with Create DVD, MPEG-2 for DVD, for going to a DVD. I have made DVD's this way in the past and they don't have unusual pixelation or other problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]