FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Multi Cam edits/compound clips...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Romanelli
FCPX Multi Cam edits/compound clips...
on Mar 7, 2014 at 11:47:56 pm

Hey all!
Self proclaimed absolutely newbie in FCPX but with basic use success. Also, I run a recording studio, so... FAIRLY savvy.

I selected 2 FULL length videos and 7 clips of a show.

5 of the little clips lined up perfectly on the 'multi view' clip. Each on their own track.
2 clips lined up before everything else, in the wrong spot.

So, my questions:

1. Is there a way to make all of the 5 little clips consolidate on ONE angle? Whenever I try to drag them up or down, they end up snapping to the last spot on the destination track. I've turned snapping on and off.

2. Can I move the tracks that did not line up correctly into the multicam/compound clip?

My goal is to be able to multicam edit the videos. I'm doing it the best way that I can...
any advice, OR... is there a better way that I dont know about?! Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: FCPX Multi Cam edits/compound clips...
on Mar 8, 2014 at 5:11:40 pm

1) Select the 5 clips. Change the Camera Angle name for all 5 at the same time by opening the inspector and making the change there (under info tab)

Then, when you sync the multiclip together, it'll place all the clips in the same track.

2) You can easily move clips from one track to another in a multiclip, simply drag and drop into the track you like. You can sync them manually, or attempt to use audio sync by clicking the down arrow next to the angle name and choosing Sync to Monitoring Angle. You can also add new tracks or clips at any time from the event browser (again, by drag and drop).

If you are talking about a compound clip (different than a multiclip), you just need to make sure that you're using the position tool (P) if you're moving one clip and don't want it snapping to the existing clip in the primary storyline.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Vincent Romanelli
Re: FCPX Multi Cam edits/compound clips...
on Mar 8, 2014 at 7:35:13 pm

yes! yes! yes!!! Dude.

both answers helped!
I didn't have the little clips named. SO, i deleted them off the timeline. and started over, renamed, them, re-created a multicam clip, and it worked!

and, silly enough...
i didnt know about the p tool. I kept using select, and it was driving me crazy.

So... now, I have my three tracks.
any recommendations on work flow for editing? I know about the multi camera editing tool.

Yoda my are you yes.

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]