FORUMS: list search recent posts

re- attach audio or clear split?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Smith
re- attach audio or clear split?
on Mar 7, 2014 at 1:33:51 pm

i've looked around and I'm not finding an answer to this question. I have a clip the I detached audio from and made a split edit. Now I am wondering if i can re attach the audio to the clip for just that one clip. I see that there is a clear splits command but it seems to clear all splits which is not waht I want to do.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: re- attach audio or clear split?
on Mar 7, 2014 at 2:02:47 pm

No, you have to reveal in the event browser and reinsert the clip. I wish it would just disable the audio instead of removing it. But, I never detach audio unless it is out of sync. A better way is hit OPT-S to allow you to trim audio separate from the video. Keeps things organized and remains in sync no matter what you do.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Mar 7, 2014 at 3:02:35 pm

Thanks for the tip . I right after i posted i went back to my project and doodled for a bit with audio and I came to the same conclusion as you advised . I was having some sync problems with the way I was cutting with detached audio which I managed to work around but I knew there had to be a better way.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Mar 7, 2014 at 8:25:23 pm

[Mark Smith] " I was having some sync problems with the way I was cutting with detached audio which I managed to work around but I knew there had to be a better way."

Yeah, as Brett says, never detach audio except to cheat something or adjust sync. And if a timeline clip is out of sync, generally the master is too, so I'll fix it in the browser (open in timeline) before I use it. After cheating dialog or something doing that, I'll often stick all the pieces (just audio or both A/V) in a compound clip so i can use it like a "normal" clip.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]