FORUMS: list search recent posts

BluRay Menu or Chapters

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry Condez
BluRay Menu or Chapters
on Mar 5, 2014 at 9:36:23 pm

I was playing around with FCX and saw a share button for bluray. I tried and waited for a while and it worked very well especially the quality of the disc. I just wonder to use the preset menu thats included. Can I change the information on it? Thanks

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Re: BluRay Menu or Chapters
on Mar 5, 2014 at 9:45:53 pm

Yes, you can. You can add chapter markers in the timeline that will be shown in the BRD menu. For example, if you need to burn a BRD containing two episodes, you need to place the clips onto the timeline, add a marker at the beginning of each episode, double click on each marker and transform it to chapter marker and maybe add something like the episode title and then burn. You can also add a menu background or a graphic from the "settings" tab right after you launch share -> Blu Ray. It's not a real authoring, but it works fine for common use.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy
early 2008 MacPro, BM Intensity Pro, early 2008 iMac, 2011 MacBook Pro, FCP7, FCPX, OSX 10.8.3

Return to posts index

Gerry Condez
on Mar 5, 2014 at 10:18:06 pm

That seems to work well. Thank you. But have another question since I got all the chapters or markers made, I saw under settings/preview/chapter menu, below a small screen beside the main menu. Can that be edited as well? I cant see what is written there and it might end up in the final burned bluray. Which panel can I access or edit that part? The Disc Template I'm talking about is "On Location"
Sorry for the questions I'm throwing, I took me a while to get a decent bluray using Encore 2 days ago and did not work well yet on some players and the video seems not as stable as the one I tried on FCX accidentally. Just running out of time. Sorry sorry.

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
on Mar 6, 2014 at 10:18:03 am

I am not really familiar with that, but if you share without editing anything else in the setting pane besides adding a background the first menu will bring up the choice to go for the chapter menu where the chapters will be shown and nothing else. I went for the black template, but it looks it's just the same. I burnt a dozen BRD's or more, each containing two 30 min episodes of a series I recently delivered just to have some ready to watch copies, and they all play fine on home players.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy
early 2008 MacPro, BM Intensity Pro, early 2008 iMac, 2011 MacBook Pro, FCP7, FCPX, OSX 10.8.3

Return to posts index

Gerry Condez
on Mar 7, 2014 at 1:06:54 am

Thanks Fabrizio for the help, the basic menu and chapters work just fine. Worked well with different BD players. This is one quick way of making playable disc. All d best to you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]