FORUMS: list search recent posts

Closing a project FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Vandall
Closing a project FCPX
on Mar 5, 2014 at 8:27:59 pm

I have read online that you can't close a project. But how about at least hiding it? I shuttle back and forth from project to project a lot, and it would be great to not jump into a project I'm not using. Is there a work around.

And while were on the subject, is there a keyboard shortcut to jump between projects?

Thanks!

Pete

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Closing a project FCPX
on Mar 5, 2014 at 8:43:58 pm

Do you mean to hide it from the recent project navigation arrows at the top left of the project window?

Less than a minute of testing discovered that if you close ANY library, it clears out the recent project cache and closes all projects. So if you want to hide/close all the projects, close any open library. But when you reopen it, it will open with the last project open.

No hot keys I know of. Maybe programmable.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 5, 2014 at 8:56:13 pm

All I can think of is this.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 5, 2014 at 9:01:55 pm

Yeah if I lost something in translation I still can't figure it out. Guilty.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 6, 2014 at 2:55:07 pm

FWIW there is a hot key to switch between projects. cmd+[ and cmd+] is timeline history back and forward.

Return to posts index

tony west
on Mar 6, 2014 at 4:30:06 pm

[Peter Vandall] "I have read online that you can't close a project. But how about at least hiding it? "

I wondered about this also.

What I have done is made another Library called unused projects. I just moved the ones I'm not working on to that and I can close that Library and poof

Return to posts index

Artesia Adamo
on Aug 6, 2016 at 6:40:27 pm

Closing a project in FCPX Ver 2...How did you move the project to the Unused Project Folder? I tried dragging but it didn't work.

Are there any new ways to close a project in FCPX Ver 2

Return to posts index

Peter Vandall
on Mar 6, 2014 at 8:23:40 pm

Thanks everybody for the help. Its funny that they have an option to open a project, but not to close it. Thanks for the tips on making a new library of unused projects and the hot key to switch!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]