FORUMS: list search recent posts

Counter instead of TC?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Counter instead of TC?
on Mar 5, 2014 at 7:07:19 pm

Before I add it to my list of X fixes, is there a counter mode instead of just the TC reader? I have lots of transcripts which are documented with a simple counter, not TC, as is the standard practice. So to find a precise bit in a long clip I have to drag out a range and note the duration. That's my poor mans "counter."

But if there's a mode I'm missing I've love to use it. In Motion you can change the TC window just like in legacy.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Counter instead of TC?
on Mar 5, 2014 at 7:55:16 pm

It's in your Generators.

Called Counting.

; )

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 5, 2014 at 8:36:30 pm

Ha! Nice but kinda useless. :) I have a transcript. The producer calls for elements out of it. It's logged with time from the start, not TC. To find those bits from the footage in the bin I need to be able to view a basic counter, not the TC. This is video production 101. You could do it on a beta deck, in Avid, in FCP legacy, etc.

Anyway, my solution has always served me well. Better than applying a counting filter! Just drag out a range on the clip from the beginning of the clip and as you drag to the right the duration of your selection shows at the right. Works fine. It'd be even better if skimmer info could show one extra line for simple counter.

Adding it to my list.

Return to posts index

tony west
on Mar 7, 2014 at 2:41:48 pm

How about going into Motion and publishing the timecode parameters to X

Then you could at least change from HMSF to HMS

Seems like that should at least get you in the ballpark of her notes.

Select the clip in the viewer and make compound clip, then drag your new code on tope of it.

I made my own because I didn't want to have to keep deleting that type text here on window burns.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]