FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing C300 Media into FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Vandall
Importing C300 Media into FCP X
on Mar 1, 2014 at 8:43:14 pm

Hi all,

I received a hard drive with C300 media on it. Here is a screen grab of the file structure. Does this look normal and if so, how does one import into FCP X? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Sanders
Re: Importing C300 Media into FCP X
on Mar 1, 2014 at 9:39:03 pm

Try downloading the plugin from the canon website. import media and point it at the card_xx folder and it should work fine.

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 1, 2014 at 9:51:18 pm

Michael's right. You need the C300 plugin for FCPX. As of today, they haven't made one specifically for Mavericks, so if you have 10.1, you need to download the plugin for Mountain Lion which works fine.

Go to this website:

Canon C300 driver

Click on Drivers and Support. It auto detects your OS so if you're running Mavericks, switch to Mountain Lion. Twirl down the Software section and download the Canon XF Plugin for FCPX 2.1.1

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Mar 1, 2014 at 10:14:52 pm

I'm on Mavericks and have the C 300 plugin that was put out for Lion and it works just fine. The file structure you have is standard Canon C 300 so you are good there. Once you have the plug in installed, Import> then point to the top level folder of you C 300 material and you should see the list of clips on that card volume appear. You know what to do from there.

Return to posts index

Peter Vandall
on Mar 2, 2014 at 12:05:34 am

Thank you Thank you. I thought I was out of luck with Mavericks. You guys are great. I appreciate the help!

Return to posts index

Mark Morache
on Mar 2, 2014 at 1:05:50 am

Hmmm...

This didn't work for me. I know I've been able to import directly into FCPX before, but I think Mavericks broke that.

I tried downloading the plug-in for Mountain Lion. Double-clicking on the installer gave me "Extracting" progress bar, which went to 100% very quickly and then disappeared. After the extracting window went away, I got nothing, so I don't think anything got installed, and FCPX still can't see media on my Canon card.

However, I was able to go into FCP7 and import using Log and Transfer. My old plug in still works there.

So, some of you can use the Mountain Lion version of the plug in on their Mavericks?

I downloaded xpfm-2-1-1-8-9l.dmg from the Canon website, and the XPFM64Installer extracted and nothing after that.

Any thoughts?

Thankfully the Canon isn't mine, but I want to be able to ingest the media from the cards in fcpx.

Thx.

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 2, 2014 at 1:19:37 am

[Mark Morache] "This didn't work for me. I know I've been able to import directly into FCPX before, but I think Mavericks broke that."

It's not Mavericks, at least not directly. However, it's possible that you have something else; some other plugin or program that might be affecting it.

Have you tried creating a new user and then installing the plugin? Here's how you know if the install works. When you unpack it, you should get an xpfm211 disk image on your desktop. Double click for the installer. Double click installer to run. You'll get the following splash screen.

Follow the instructions and then Exit installer. If you can't get to that point, then something else is going on. If a new user doesn't work, perhaps creating a partition with a fresh install of mavericks would help?

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Mark Morache
on Mar 2, 2014 at 5:13:45 pm

Thanks Andy,

Logging in as a different user and installing the plug in worked perfectly.

Now I'm worried about what may be going on in my regular log in to keep the installer from working.

Personally, I've got so much stuff installed on my MBP, I'm afraid of doing a clean install of Mavericks and getting everything back to where it was. I use time machine and I've used migration assistant before, but it still can take a lot of time and attention.

Maybe it's time.

Thanks again.

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Bob Jordan
on Dec 2, 2014 at 3:39:25 pm

Besides using the Canon XF plugin, there is an alternative easy way to fix the issue. Final Cut X and FCP 7 work best with clips in the ProRes encoded MOV format, but Canon clips are stored in the MXF format. You can get third-party program to adjust the MXF to ProRes. I'm using ease fab video converter for mac, is has optimized ProRes profile for FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]