FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working Methods for working off server in Final Cut X 10.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harriet Allen
Working Methods for working off server in Final Cut X 10.1
on Feb 28, 2014 at 5:23:50 pm

Hello

I work for a large organisation which uses Final Cut Pro X 10.1 as our main editing software. However Media management is a huge issue with it. For legal reasons we require all our work to be backed up on a SAN. We have a complex system in place here which does multiple daily backups of files on and off-site however even with the new version of FCPX we still cannot start and work from Libraries on the server as FCP does not 'support' the SAN. Although we can set the library back up to store here it still isn't sufficient enough to be a confidently stable working method. Are we missing a trick here? desperate to resolve this issue so any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
Re: Working Methods for working off server in Final Cut X 10.1
on Feb 28, 2014 at 5:41:18 pm

It sounds like you're accessing the san with Ethernet, which won't work. As far as I know, your best bet is to set your default backups to go to your san, or use something like rsync to back up your libraries without the render files and transcoded media.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

Chad Greene
Re: Working Methods for working off server in Final Cut X 10.1
on Mar 1, 2014 at 2:42:33 pm

Our shared storage finally died so we started using local storage to edit, then at night syncing our drives with GoodSync (or in the day if we need to share something). Yesterday I tested syncing FCPX Libraries with GoodSync. It worked well. I wonder if you could use this method to "move" your libraries to the SAN throughout the day?

-chad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]