FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rejecting Projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Mena
Rejecting Projects
on Feb 27, 2014 at 11:47:08 pm

I have to say. I think I liked the old way of keeping projects in a separate place from the event browser. Don't get me wrong I think its important that the projects are linked to Libraries but now it seems very hard to organize my projects. I can't simply just drag and drop into folders. I've created a new system based on smart collections but it shouldn't be this difficult. So i had a new idea. I basically go through a lot of versions and i want to reject old cuts. But when i highlight an old project and hit the reject button nothing happens even though i have "hide rejected" in my event browser. Is this a bug or are we simply not able to do this with projects. A little frustrating.

Jordan Mena | Editor | Colorist | Producer
Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Rejecting Projects
on Feb 28, 2014 at 12:37:13 am

[Jordan Mena] "I have to say. I think I liked the old way of keeping projects in a separate place from the event browser."

I have to say that I agree with you. I liked where it was going, and even though it was a completely new concept from FCP7, I think it would have made for a better system in the long run.

I now put Projects in their own Event. It kind of sucks, but that's the way love goes.

Unfortunately, you can't rate Projects, but you can keyword them, so you can setup "current" and "old" smart collections and then assign "current" and "old" keywords to projects.

A really helpful keyboard command is "Reveal Project in Browser" which is option-shift-f by default.

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
on Feb 28, 2014 at 12:40:23 am

I'm using smart collection based on my naming conventions which is working pretty well. But it would be nice to just press the reject button and auto hide old cuts.

Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 28, 2014 at 12:45:56 am

What I have done with Snapshots, is simply work on the same Project. All my Snapshots are old versions.

I setup a Smart collection called "Current" and set it to search for text that does NOT include "Snapshot" when I dupe a Snapshot, all the Snaphsot versions fall away from that Smart Collection.

It's not so bad. Not perfect, but not bad.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
on Feb 28, 2014 at 12:59:52 am

I do something a little different because of the stages i need to go through. Primarily because when I'm done with the creative cut I need to send to resolve where I do my color grading then back for online and final versioned masters.

Basically using the text field to filter down cuts. Same approach different execution.

Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 28, 2014 at 1:04:19 am

Surely, this would be a good request to Apple as the system seems to be in place.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
on Feb 28, 2014 at 1:06:26 am

Just sent them a feedback request :)

Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved