FORUMS: list search recent posts

Swapping Clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james Lackleter
Swapping Clips
on Feb 27, 2014 at 4:11:23 pm

Swapping 24.00 clips out for with 23.976 clips. Have to move those little green connectors on audio clips I'm not deleting. Some clips are very short, so I have to move those, then move them back manually. This program is an absolute nightmare. Really ridiculous that you can't just delete video and that the audio must be attached...

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Swapping Clips
on Feb 27, 2014 at 4:53:11 pm

[james Lackleter] "Have to move those little green connectors on audio clips I'm not deleting."

No you don't. SHIFT-delete (or forward delete key)

[james Lackleter] "Really ridiculous that you can't just delete video and that the audio must be attached..."

You mean replace the video on clips in the primary with audio components embedded? Mark timeline clip with range tool, cut in video only (shift-2) replacement as connected clip above, CMD_OPT-down arrow will replace clip and detach/preserve) audio.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 27, 2014 at 5:25:55 pm

What Charlie said.

You can also simply replace with shift-r (or option-r).

Return to posts index

james Lackleter
on Feb 27, 2014 at 5:34:10 pm

Ah perfect! Thank you

Return to posts index

james Lackleter
on Feb 27, 2014 at 5:40:09 pm

Jeremy are you NY or tri state?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 27, 2014 at 5:43:56 pm

Chicago, Illinois

Fly-over state.

:)

Return to posts index

james Lackleter
on Feb 27, 2014 at 5:54:00 pm
Last Edited By james Lackleter on Feb 27, 2014 at 5:55:36 pm

Yes just saw your site. I'm like 90% positive you responded to ad I put on mandy or something like six months ago. I remember I liked the layout for the site. I didn't answer because I saw you're in Chicago.

Do you want to take a look at this cut and give some input, I will share editor credit with you if it's something you're into. I'd pay you if you were closer to just come and help me finish but it's just a short. (also I just dropped thousands on protools and mc. :0

Return to posts index

james Lackleter
on Feb 27, 2014 at 6:10:46 pm
Last Edited By james Lackleter on Feb 27, 2014 at 6:11:39 pm

Ah loaded question, let me unload it and say if you think it's shit/ not interested I will not be in the least offended. I'm just always looking for more input and it'd be credit for doing virtually nothing as it's pretty much done. I'm just a knit picky director who likes perfection.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 27, 2014 at 6:12:31 pm

Ha! I'm happy to take a look.

After editing something for along time, there's always the question in the editor's mind, "Is anyone going to care"?

Return to posts index

Eli Hollander
on Feb 27, 2014 at 6:13:51 pm

James,

If I may make a suggestion...

Instead of shooting first and asking questions later, why not ask a question rather than make blanket statements such as "this program is a nightmare". It could just be that your level of familiarity with this deceptively "simple" application is a nightmare, not FCP X. Yes, there is room for improvement, as there is with every complicated application and process.

I am impressed with the patience and resourcefulness of most everyone on this forum, and how helpful they try to be to you and to others. Please, try to extend this patience as well and try to assume that FCP X is a bit more sophisticated than you give credit by simply shooting it down and name calling. Simple questions go a long way.

With best intentions,
Eli

Return to posts index

james Lackleter
on Feb 27, 2014 at 6:39:07 pm

Awesome, thanks Jeremy. I'm going to email a dropbox link to the e d i t email probably late tonight. If it has anything, it's production value and a great lead.

And Eli, it's just a personal opinion of mine, I hate the program and love it at the same time. Avid only gives 16 tracks, FCPX gives unlimited, that's a plus. I just learned FC7 in school and I prefer traditional based programs. Also I'm a director/actor/editor/effects artist/colorist/producer/ and sound mixer... I get frustrated sometimes doing all of them and need to vent my anger on internet forums to strangers under an alias.

I'm greatly appreciative of the help I receive and post problems I encounter to make people aware. I've also gotten Apple to fix a couple things with my loud letters.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 27, 2014 at 8:14:19 pm

[james Lackleter] "Yes just saw your site. I'm like 90% positive you responded to ad I put on mandy or something like six months ago."

By the way, I don't think this was me, it might have been a Doppelgänger.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]