FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatic Project Backup FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Vandall
Automatic Project Backup FCP X
on Feb 26, 2014 at 11:08:34 pm

I know that FCPX has no autosave vault, and that it is saving your work instantly. But the absence of an autosave vault makes me nervous. I was hoping someone would be able to shed some light on this subject.

As we all did in 7, we had our projects and media on one drive, and set our autosave vault to another drive (usually my local mac hard drive) I even went a step further and told FCP 7 to autosave to my local google drive folder so that if my mac hard drive failed, my auto saved projects would be backed up to the cloud. And I would always keep another copy of my media on a hard drive I would use for archiving.

But now with FCP X and no autosave vault, what if my hard drive that has my events, media, and projects fails? Does that mean I lose my project and all my work?

Is there a way to save projects to another drive like before? I usually edit on the road with RAID 0 hard drives with no redundancy. I am concerned about this and hope someone can help find a solution?

Thanks.
pete

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
Re: Automatic Project Backup FCP X
on Feb 26, 2014 at 11:39:18 pm

What about the "Library Backups Location" folder that's assigned in the "Preferences" -> "General" panel? Have you set that up as you want it? Does it not do what you expect?

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 27, 2014 at 12:09:01 am

Perhaps he's not on 10.1 (or didn't read the "what's new").

It also works just like 7 in that there is a library restore feature.

I'm assuming when the OP says project they mean library. I really don't like the name conventions of X. But only because they're wrong. ;)

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
on Feb 27, 2014 at 12:37:09 am

Backups for FCPX. On the App store. Excellent developer, very responsive.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/backups-for-final-cut-pro/id586594646?ls=1&...

Return to posts index

Peter Vandall
on Feb 28, 2014 at 3:59:00 am

Thanks all,

Yeah I found the library restore option in preferences. Problem solved. Thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

cindy konits
on Oct 29, 2014 at 6:02:49 pm

I can't find the library restore option in preferences. Does it still exist in 10.1.3? How often does FCPX autosave? I'm assuming there is no save command. Is that correct?

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on May 4, 2015 at 4:21:21 pm

I was just wondering about this. How often does it autosave? Is there a way to make it autosave frequently?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]