FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ideal white background

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mateusz Szuter
Ideal white background
on Feb 26, 2014 at 3:22:54 pm

Hello all,
I have very,very nasty problem here and can't solve it.

We are recording on purely white background our collegue, put the video in FCX, and then add some titles on generated white background (or pure white .png).

Well, everything's ok in the final cut... horrible things happen after rendering.
My white background from recording is still perfectly white.
But the white from generated media is 252, 252, 251. And you can see that some of the white background is a little darker.

Why is it happening and what I should do to avoid that?
I've tried similiar thing in for example vegas - i have all ideal white background with smaller files... what's the point for FCX?

thanks!

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: Ideal white background
on Feb 26, 2014 at 4:54:47 pm

What are your export settings, in detail?

Are you looking at your picture on a broadcast monitor?

What is your white level set to?

There are other details to explore also -- for example, converting YUV (the video) to RGB (the generated media).

Moreover...check this out: http://www.theasc.com/magazine/april05/conundrum2/page1.html

Return to posts index

Mateusz Szuter
Re: Ideal white background
on Feb 27, 2014 at 4:39:49 pm

Hello, thanks for response :)

I've tried every possible option of export available in FCPX.

I've looked on macs, samsung, asus, benq and mobile devices. I can see a little grey on every monitor, sometimes darker, sometimes brighter, but there's always a grey.

white level you mean? :)

And about conversion...
I can't get the one thing. My video looks ok - it's white. The generated media is not ok.

But screw my video - I'm generating a normal, white background in finalcut, without any options - IT IS STILL GREY, not pure white. What the heck is wrong?

Btw, tested on 3 different macs. On every one it's the same.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]