FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 10.1 can't load events (this is not an 'upgrade issue')

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Davies
FCPX 10.1 can't load events (this is not an 'upgrade issue')
on Feb 25, 2014 at 8:01:10 pm

Hi guys,

I swear I've been here at the Cow more times than ever since having upgraded to 10.1 !

Got a problem that is frustrating the heck out of me - any help gratefully received!

I'm running 3 hard drives - if I want to switch projects to edit, usually I could just click on the relevant event, it would reveal the media and off I go.

What I'm getting now is no change. So I'm in 'hard drive A' - click on 'hard drive B' and it stays stuck on 'hard drive A' - doesn't load it up.

So I have to close A and/or B - quit FCPX and reload. Sometimes it will load up what I want, but usually I have to do this 2 or 3 times for it to give.

If anyone has solutions to this please, I'd be hugely grateful!

Thanks guys,

Mark

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPX 10.1 can't load events (this is not an 'upgrade issue')
on Feb 25, 2014 at 8:11:25 pm

Where are the libraries located?

You should be able to simply double click the library to open it and FCPX will load that Library.

If you haven't updated the Events/Projects across all three drives, then you need to update the Events and Projects on those drives.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Feb 25, 2014 at 11:09:41 pm

What Jeremy Said.

In 10.1 Libraries are self contained "things" kinda like drive s themselves. You need to "launch" the Library if you want access to it's Events and Projects. X will "auto launch" what Libraries it can find when you re-start the program, which is likely what's been happening when you shut down and re-launch it. But the whole way the software locates and uses pools of resources has changed.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Feb 26, 2014 at 12:37:27 am

[Mark Davies] "What I'm getting now is no change. So I'm in 'hard drive A' - click on 'hard drive B' and it stays stuck on 'hard drive A' - doesn't load it up. "

Hard drives are (sort of) irrelevant in 10.1. Libraries (where Events now live) are like FCP 7/Premiere "projects". Double click in Finder or use FCP X "Open" menu to open, right click or or use FCP X Menu to close 'em.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Feb 26, 2014 at 5:59:21 am

Just one other thing to think about.

Are you running energy saver? Putting those hard drives to sleep when not in use?

I'm just throwing that out there.

Battistella

http://www.bottegabattistella.com/blog/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]