FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 10.1.1 won't load event

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Eades
FCP 10.1.1 won't load event
on Feb 21, 2014 at 10:26:40 pm

So I was working on a project and my mac crashed. Literally just shut down and restarted. That's never happened before. When I reopened FCPX the event I was working on was empty and the purple icon with the star next to its name in the event browser had disappeared. I couldn't delete this now empty event nor could I import new media into it. Because of how the projects are now contained within the event, I could not access any of the projects from the event.

I went to the finder and checked the package contents of the library that the event was contained in and sure enough it was all still there, all of the projects, original media, render files etc etc.

My first thought was to copy the event into a new library within finder. I did this but when I opened the new library, the event didn't load. It is contained in the library but will not load. FCP doesn't seem to recognise that it is there at all.

In order to remove the now 'dead' original event from the original library, I created a new library and copied all events except the dead one into it and then deleted the original library along with the dead event. That fixed that problem but I now have the issue where I cannot open the event that is seemingly corrupted.

I have no idea what else to try. It's all still there within the package contents of the new library but FCP will not recognise it.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP 10.1.1 won't load event
on Feb 22, 2014 at 2:24:30 am

Double click the Library from the Finder.

Choose File > Open Library > From Backup...

do you see a drop down list?

Return to posts index

Petros Kolyvas
on Feb 22, 2014 at 3:29:14 am

There's definitely an issue somewhere.

Recently I had a hard disk on an array go, well, wonky. It didn't fail so much as it was on its way out and was causing a lot of intermittent issues which I first mistook for FCP X sluggishness. As it got worse the Mac began to occasionally reboot. I mistook it for another driver issue. The similarity here is that at one point the Mac hung while a particular Library was open.

Upon reboot while the library was open a few events were missing and/or empty. Like you, if I looked at the content of the Library everything was there.

In my case, I had to restore the event from a Time Machine backup. Lost a little bit of work, but not all of it. I wasn't able to use the FCP X menu to restore the library from a backup.

It seems that Apple needs to fix an issue where a crash might make a Library or events within it corrupt - it's odd because we both noted that all the content was there, and so it should be rebuildable, but seemingly isn't.

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Return to posts index

James Eades
on Feb 22, 2014 at 3:07:53 pm

No drop down menu.

I guess the event is corrupt and I'm going to have to start from scratch.

Thanks for the replies.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 22, 2014 at 5:19:45 pm

Find the backup files on your hard drive, and try to open it.

The default location is available in fcpx preferences. I can't remember, but it might be the movie folder.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Feb 24, 2014 at 5:53:15 pm

My standard fallback is to run Disk Warrior when anything weird happens. If it's disk-related, DW works wonders.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Armando Ello
on Apr 30, 2014 at 8:24:07 pm

Did you find a better answer to this problem jet? Im having the same issue here, and there must be a way to fix this instead of going back with time machine?

Return to posts index

Camden Barbour
on Sep 22, 2014 at 6:07:23 am

any updates, i seem to have made a fatal mistake by moving and renaming my folders. My events are not visible on either drive, though the projects have more or less loaded.
Any suggestions? Please!!

Return to posts index

Armando Ello
on May 1, 2014 at 10:40:08 am

Found a selution. Final cut pro makes the backupfiles in the 'movie' folder where you can find the backups. If you open with rightclick and open content packages find the event you are trying to save and copy the 'CurrentVersion.flexolibrary' file and replace this file in your current folder. This makes the event visible again. Hope this helps.. make sure you don't overwrite anything and back up your folders..
I found it on the apple site: https://discussions.apple.com/message/25598846#25598846

Return to posts index

Nick Papadopoulos
on Jun 12, 2014 at 11:35:27 am

Deleting the CurrentVersion.flexolibrary worked for me as I was getting crashing while opening the library...

Return to posts index

phil hastings
on Jul 11, 2014 at 5:37:33 pm

Nick,
What exactly is the CurrentVersion.flexolibrary and what are the ramifications with deleting it or replacing it with an older version from a backup?

Return to posts index

Nick Papadopoulos
on Jul 14, 2014 at 7:50:31 am

I can only guess that it's a sort of index of everything in the project. Nothing seemed to get lost by deleting it, and it got regenerated the moment the event loaded. Although it solved my problem without issues, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't backup anything and everything important relating to that project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]