FORUMS: list search recent posts

Undo command randomly stop working.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Sutton
Undo command randomly stop working.
on Feb 21, 2014 at 4:18:39 pm

I am using 10.0.9

We are currently waiting for our SAN to be updated so we can upgrade to 10.1 and Mavericks. So this issue could be resolved once we update.

Sometimes in the middle of an editing session, I will lose the ability to undo. Closing FCPX and re-opening fixes the issue, but it continues to happen. I have tried deleting preferences and the problem has persisted. We have 4 edit bays and only one is having this issue. Any ideas?

Again, this hopefully will be resolved once we update, but I wanted to throw it out there and see if this has happened to anyone else.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Undo command randomly stop working.
on Feb 21, 2014 at 8:32:34 pm

I don't know the fix, but haven't seen that one in awhile. But when it happens, it also stops saving. So time to restart otherwise you'll likely lose edits.

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Feb 21, 2014 at 9:03:20 pm

When you can't undo, it means its also not writing changes to disk. This can happen due to a corrupted event or project, a disk going offline or having errors, or file permissions. I'm sure there are other causes as well, but to me I'd be concerned that it's a symptom of a larger problem - such as a failing disk or a loose USB/firewire connection.

If it's project/event corruption - creating a new project/event and copying everything into it should fix it.

If its permissions and its not your system drive, you can select "Get Info" in finder for the drive and check the "ignore permissions on this disk" box, and that should clear it up.

If the drive is failing, you'll likely be getting i/o errors in your console.app

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Sutton
on Feb 21, 2014 at 10:05:02 pm

That's interesting. I am working over a fiber optic cable connected to out server. We are getting maintenance done next week, so I will ask if there is any chance of the problem originating through our connection.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Feb 22, 2014 at 3:42:31 am

Yeah, that's a bug which was fixed, then re-appeared sporadically. Seems to be really gone in 10.1. As has been said, if you can't undo, nothing's getting save so quit and restart ASAP.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Jonathan Sutton
on Feb 22, 2014 at 2:47:52 pm

Thanks. We will be running 10.1 by next week.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]