FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 10.1 Import Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Harrington
FCPX 10.1 Import Issue
on Feb 20, 2014 at 12:20:44 am

I'm an experienced FCP editor making my way through tutorials and my first FCPX project.

I'm attempting to import footage shot on Canon 70D and GoPros. When I import footage from GoPro folder I do not see some of the files. I look in the finder GoPro Folder and confirm the undetected files area there but they do not appear in the FCPX Import window, others appear as expected.

Is there a reason for this, all files were recorded in same frame rate, etc.

Is this a good time to trash prefs?

Michael Harrington
Mac Pro, Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz, 12 GB, FCP7, Mavrick, ATI Radeon HD 4870, 30-inch Cine Display, 4 - 1TB internal, G Speed 6TB Raid 5, 1.25TB Esata, Numerous FW 800 external drives, Matrox MX02Max, FSI 17" Broadcast Monitor, Black Magic Mini Sync Generator, Mackie 1402 & Event 20/20 monitors.

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
Re: FCPX 10.1 Import Issue
on Feb 20, 2014 at 1:23:17 am

Have you tried dragging the clips from the Finder into the Library that you've created?

Also, can you play the "missing" clips in the GoPro tools?

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Michael Harrington
on Feb 20, 2014 at 2:35:59 am

Hmmm, not sure about GoPro tools, they play in the finder. Why wouldn't they appear in the import window.

Forgot all about "dragging" to the import window, I'll try that. Why wouldn't they appear in the import window? Any reason whatsoever, unless theres a problem with FCPX.

Michael Harrington
Mac Pro, Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz, 12 GB, FCP7, Mavrick, ATI Radeon HD 4870, 30-inch Cine Display, 4 - 1TB internal, G Speed 6TB Raid 5, 1.25TB Esata, Numerous FW 800 external drives, Matrox MX02Max, FSI 17" Broadcast Monitor, Black Magic Mini Sync Generator, Mackie 1402 & Event 20/20 monitors.

Return to posts index

Sachin Desai
on Feb 20, 2014 at 5:10:04 am

It should appear in the import window even if it not compatible.. it will give error later once you pressed the import button and it will check for compatibility...

never seen these kind of issue

Sachin Desai

Return to posts index

Michael Harrington
Re: FCPX 10.1 Import Issue FIXED
on Feb 20, 2014 at 2:15:08 pm

Thanks for the input.

After lots of head scratching over this issue I decided to trash prefs and this fixed the problem of clips not appearing in my import window.

Now I can continue with my tutorials and my first FCPX project.

Michael Harrington

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]