FORUMS: list search recent posts

Publish to XDCAM Disk/PMW-U2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Maloney
Publish to XDCAM Disk/PMW-U2
on Feb 14, 2014 at 11:23:23 pm

Hi All,

I have a Client - Fox Sports Australia who only like to receive XDCAM Disks.

Of course for their sport needs we need to shoot with Garmin, Go Pro, f5 RED but delivering on cards and hard drives is a no no as their Avids are VERY old and don't have AMA with the new codecs.

SO how bout I point my FCPX10.1 at all my card sources trim the bits I want to give onto a timeline, hook up an XDCAM Disk Writer - PMW-U2 and publish to Disk.

HOW????

Best

TIM

Tim Maloney
Managing Director
Axis Films Melbourne Australia
tim@axisfilms.com.au

Return to posts index

Francois Jean
Re: Publish to XDCAM Disk/PMW-U2
on Feb 15, 2014 at 5:03:01 am

Hi Tim,
Things will be slightly different wether you want to export XDcamSD, XdcamHD or XDcam_HD422. You need to export (share) from FCPX in the appropriate size and codec for the the chosen XDcam format and have it to open in "Content Browse exporter" , mostly the right number of mono 16bit or 24bit audio tracks (usually 8) be it empty ones are necessary. You also need a full install of "Content Browser" which contain embeded it's package: the "Content Browse exporter" that will produce the MXF clip; then only you will be able to drag the MXF in the right folder on your PMW-U2 or by network (FTP) to a prodisk in an XDcam machineā€¦

I think "Content Browser" can now directly do a lot of the transfer to the Prodisc .

All the Best

ZAP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]