FORUMS: list search recent posts

Event with yellow triangle and exclamation mark

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
Event with yellow triangle and exclamation mark
on Feb 13, 2014 at 5:38:33 pm

All the files in the event play in the browser.

One date of shots imported from a P2 card along with other dates has greyed out icons. Instead of the normal picture frame icon
there are two grey rectangles with a pattern that looks like cartoon dialog boxes. But when I drag the cursor over these clips they play fine including sound.

What's wrong and how can i get a dialog box in FC that tells me what the yellow triangle exclamation point means?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
Re: Event with yellow triangle and exclamation mark
on Feb 14, 2014 at 12:34:05 am

I believe you are describing the icon for a compound clip. Must be one part of the compound is missing. Highlight the clip in the Browser and then select from the menu File/Relink Files. Tick "Missing" to see which clip is missing.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Feb 14, 2014 at 3:10:59 am

Well these files were just imported and not edited yet. Not sure how the clips could be missing (which was my first thought) since if I put the cursor over them, they play in the viewer. And when I put the cursor over them the icon shows the shot and you can skim through it. That's why I wish I could get a dialog telling me what's amiss.

I tried to create a project for it with the same name as the library and event but got an error message that that name was already taken. Hmm. The project had not yet been created. I did a finder level search for just in case I forgot I did it an saved it somewhere else. Nope.

This was actually a backup. I have these same files on another computer and there is no triangle and all looks identical. So maybe the library is corrupted somehow?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Feb 14, 2014 at 5:49:21 am

Information for the clip in question can be found at the bottom of the info tab in the inspector if you select the clip in the browser. Yellow triangle with an exclamation point usually means offline media.

If you ingested clips from a card, FCPX loads the card like it's a camera, but the files may not have transferred over and the project is linking to the card files. If you quit and restart FCPX, those camera cards will not be "mounted" and the files will appear to be offline. Remounting the cards by going into the import dialogue and navigating to the cards location will solve that problem. Then you can select the files in the event browser and go up to File/Import/Reimport from Camera or Archive to get the clips moving again.

The icon you describe is the icon for a compound clip. Right click and choose, Open in Timeline to see what's inside.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Feb 14, 2014 at 4:50:35 pm

Thanks Andy,

When I open one of the "compound clips" in a timeline I see one track of video, nothing connected and four tracks of audio. Never created a compound clip. If I open one of the regular icon clips in the timeline it looks the same as the other.

The original media is in a separate folder in the same folder as the library but I did choose the option to reference the media, not copy it. Restarting FC everything remained the same. The clips all play without relinking. But the triangle remains as does the compound clip icons.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]