Horizontal crop

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Horizontal crop
on Feb 12, 2014 at 7:55:50 am
Last Edited By Bret Williams on Feb 12, 2014 at 8:24:21 am

Definitely a bug-

In the inspector, the HORIZONTAL sliders for cropping (trim mode) are incorrectly limited to a numerical value equal to the Y axis of the frame. For example in 1920x1080p footage, you can only crop the horizontal by 1080 pixels instead of the full 1920. You can however override by typing in the numbers beyond the slider value. A further problem occurs when bringing in XML. Since XML represents crop as a percentage, FCP X then converts that percentage to pixels based on the overly constrained value of the sliders, resulting in horizontal crops that are incorrect.

Can anyone check and see if 10.0.9 had this bug? IOW, in a 1920x1080 frame, can you move the left and right trim crop sliders to 1920, or are they limited to 1080?

EDIT: I notice that if you crop in the viewer window, that you can crop the full amount. The slider will hit it's extent at 1080, but the numbers will keep going up until 1920. I've submitted a bug report, but was wondering if this was a new issue in 10.1.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: Horizontal crop
on Feb 12, 2014 at 1:13:11 pm

I have seen intermittent weird behavior with cropping. It sometimes seems like the controls are offset from the actual crop. Transforming cropped clips also sometimes changes the crop. It's as if crop and transform are interacting when they shouldn't. I never saw this before 10.1. I have submitted feedback.

anickt

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
on Feb 12, 2014 at 2:25:52 pm

[Bret Williams] "Horizontal crop
by Bret Williams on Feb 12, 2014 at 2:55:50 am
Last Edited By Bret Williams on Feb 12, 2014 at 3:24:21 am

Definitely a bug-

In the inspector, the HORIZONTAL sliders for cropping (trim mode) are incorrectly limited to a numerical value equal to the Y axis of the frame"

Bret,

Try Simon's TKY SuperCrop ...

-paul.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 13, 2014 at 4:22:21 pm

Nice one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]