FORUMS: list search recent posts

Orphaned triangle and Event that won't delete in Event Browser 10.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Holbrook
Orphaned triangle and Event that won't delete in Event Browser 10.1
on Feb 10, 2014 at 1:33:14 pm

I'm trying like heck to follow the tutorials about the new media management protocols in FCP X 10.1, but I've somehow created a problem I can find no solution for.

In trying to move some events from my active Library, some of them (the Events no longer needed) stubbornly refuse to disappear by moving to a Library that specifically is created to house Events no longer needed.

Instead, they are now entities that no longer have the little star icon next to them. Now they have disclosure triangles next to them. Disclosure triangles that don't disclose anything. Can't be deleted. Can't be moved. Annoying as hell. Before I go futzing around with trying to make them disappear by deleting stuff in the Finder window, I was hoping someone here would have some wisdom about what I've done and how to fix it.

Thanks!

Brad Holbrook

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Orphaned triangle and Event that won't delete in Event Browser 10.1
on Feb 11, 2014 at 3:35:46 am

First thing to do would be to trash prefs.

If that doesn't work, you might have to try digging around the Library package and delete the weird Event folder.

If you don't see the Event folder to trash, make a new library and copy only the material you want to it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Brad Holbrook
Re: Orphaned triangle and Event that won't delete in Event Browser 10.1
on Feb 11, 2014 at 1:26:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a try. Wanted to ask if these empty triangles that used to be Events were somehow supposed to be there before I did anything drastic. I think they must be just artifacts of some misfiring in the process of moving the Events from one Library to another. Thanks again.

Brad Holbrook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]