FORUMS: list search recent posts

use for markers?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Morache
use for markers?
on Feb 9, 2014 at 8:07:50 am

I'm trying to avoid all the typing and notemaking that goes with logging interviews.

So I've got 2 hours of interviews to wade through. I've decided to use ranges to add keywords to identify about a dozen different subjects.

I've also used favorites to highlight the very best of these soundbites.

On top of that, I've used markers to make short notes about the specifics of each soundbite placing the marker at the first frame of the range I've marked with a keyword.

I'm going to drop all my favorites into a timeline, which shoud give me 10-12 minutes of soundbites to start lopping, chopping and rearranging into my video. Then if I have to go back and find supplemental bites, I can look through the keyword collections I made.

In the event browser, in list view I can see the clip markers and all the text notes I've typed there, unfortunately it also shows all of the keyword ranges, favorites, and rejected items for each clip as well. It's a big cluttered mess.

How I wish I could change the view to only see the markers, so I could search for a soundbite I remember.

It's a simple matter however to put all of my clips into a timeline, then look at the marker list in the timeline index. ALl of the notes I've typed into marker fields are visible as a big list. This is also searchable, so to find a specific bite I remember, I can simply type in a word or two.

Anyone else have other slick workflows to help organize and find things?

Is there something I'm missing?

--------------

Of course, I'm looking forward to the day where FCPX will be able to pull a Siri, and automatically transcraibe every bit of speech, and include the text of it all as metadata. Imaging being able to highlight the text of the interview in a textbox in the inspector, and have the range in the clip match every syllable.

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: use for markers?
on Feb 9, 2014 at 9:20:19 pm

I agree that list view is messy once you've marked up what you need. And if you have a lot of markup, it can be sort of unruly.

A better way to view or sort, some or none of all of these differentiators would be great.

You can search for market text in the browser too, but I'm sure you know that.

Typically, once I have favorites, I switch to lozenge view, sort by favorites, and go from there. You can skip from marker to marker in filmstrip view with control-' shortcut. Control-; takes you backwards

If you have the skimmer info on (control-y) you can see the text of each marker as you jump from marker to marker, but I'm sure you have all of this figured out.

Have you sent feedback to Apple about this?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]