FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clips showing up in wrong area.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Bowser
Clips showing up in wrong area.
on Feb 4, 2014 at 6:26:16 pm

Somehow I'm starting to have clips show up outside of their home, within my event structure. For example, I have an event called PROJECTS where all of my projects are, and I've noticed lately that certain times, when I try to match frame into a clip, it's adding a copy of it into my PROJECTS event, and then pulling it up from there.

I don't want this, because I already have these clips in the properly organized Event that they belong to, and that they were edited from. Why would it be wanting to place it in another spot, and how do I get rid of all these connections and have it point back to it's proper spot in the proper event bin?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Clips showing up in wrong area.
on Feb 4, 2014 at 7:42:03 pm

Is this in the same library?

Or is the Projects Event in a different library?

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
on Feb 5, 2014 at 11:15:37 pm

Everything is in the same library.

For some reason it has gotten it into it's head with certain clips that when I match frame, suddenly the clip is showing up in my Projects Event, when there is no way it was edited in from there, because it only existed in it's proper event.

Is there a way to delete all these extraneous and redundant clips in my Project Event without messing a bunch of stuff up, and have it point back to the event that it properly came from?

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
on Feb 7, 2014 at 7:14:56 pm

For some reason, every single multi clip that is in this project, when I match frame to the clip, it just adds the clip to my Project Event, and doesn't pull it up from where it should be in the Event it was edited in from.

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
on Feb 7, 2014 at 7:16:36 pm

What's weird is that when I select the clip and look at INFO in the inspector, it has the right event labeled, so it knows where it's supposed to go.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 7, 2014 at 7:26:05 pm

Make a new Library, in it, make a new Event that matches the name of another Event in your original library.

Import one clip.

Make another Event with a Project in it. Add the clip to the project and match frame.

Same problem?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]