FORUMS: list search recent posts

Backing up Compressor Custom Settings ...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Figgiani
Backing up Compressor Custom Settings ...
on Feb 3, 2014 at 7:20:11 pm

Does anyone bother to backup their customized Compressor Settings? I do, all the time. It's easy enough to navigate to (home folder):

... and copy the contents of the Settings folder.

I like to date and time stamp stuff like this. So I built an application to handle backups:

You simply run the application, designate a backup location (new or existing folder), and press Initiate. That's about it. As long as you have Compressor installed in it's default location, the application knows where to look for the user's custom Groups and Settings.

You can open the backup location directly from the application. If for some reason the path to the folder no longer exists (drive not mounted?) - the application will issue a suitable warning.

Basically it's an easy way to stamp backups. Not a big deal.

I'll consider a public release free of charge if enough people express interest in it.

I also wrote an application that establishes an Admin/Client environment that supports sharing a predetermined Compressor Settings Group. For example the "admin" creates a new Group in Compressor that includes a few custom Settings that need to be made available in a collaborative environment. Once established - the "client" user can see it and link to it in his own copy of Compressor. The Settings Group can be stored on something like DropBox or anything similar and be available for universal access.

-paul.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Backing up Compressor Custom Settings ...
on Feb 4, 2014 at 5:51:34 am

Well... I'm interested. So there's one. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
Re: Backing up Compressor Custom Settings ...
on Feb 4, 2014 at 6:24:24 pm

et de deux !

Patrice Freymond

Editor  Certified Trainer FCP7/X
Post Consultant

Always learning...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]