FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opening FCPX projects from "Old Final Cut Projects and Events"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sasha Lerman
Opening FCPX projects from "Old Final Cut Projects and Events"
on Feb 3, 2014 at 4:21:57 pm

My updated FCPX 10.1 Event library got corrupted and I would like to go back to the project from an earlier version of Final Cut X 10.0.9. I have a computer with the older version installed, but I have not been able to open the event from the "Old Final Cut Projects and Events." Anyone has any idea how to do and whether it is possible at all?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: Opening FCPX projects from "Old Final Cut Projects and Events"
on Feb 4, 2014 at 6:31:22 pm

You need to put the old Event and Project folders back into the old folder structure at the root of your drive. But once you do that you can update again with 10.1.

How did your Library get corrupted? You should he able to restore from the the backup (new feature since 10.1).

I had a crash a few weeks ago that turned my Project into an offline compound, even though everything was online. I simply opened the last backup and dragged the Projects back into my corrupted Event.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Opening FCPX projects from "Old Final Cut Projects and Events"
on Feb 4, 2014 at 7:56:39 pm

Have you tried putting the event into a "final Cut Events" folder and then clicking on "current version.fcpevent?

This opens old Events on my system but I suspect I have a copy of 10.09 lurking on one of my drives!

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]