FORUMS: list search recent posts

I'm stuck onMountain Lion and fcpx 10.0. How can I open a friend's 10.1 Projects?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Sieverts
I'm stuck onMountain Lion and fcpx 10.0. How can I open a friend's 10.1 Projects?
on Feb 3, 2014 at 1:50:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm stuck on Mountain Lion and fcpx 10.0. A colleague has asked me to help out on some of his fcpx 10.1 projects on an external drive.
When I try to open them, I get a message saying

"This operation couldn't be completed. One or more projects or Events were created with a newer version of Final Cut Pro X. These projects and Events will be ignored."

If anyone could help me with a workaround (other than upgrading to Mavericks and 10.1) , I'd be most grateful ...

kind regards,

Simon Sieverts

treehaus
stereo 3D previs
EU-based

"where you hear a harmony sing a mellody"
Woody Guthrie

Return to posts index

Chris Northcross
Re: I'm stuck onMountain Lion and fcpx 10.0. How can I open a friend's 10.1 Projects?
on Feb 3, 2014 at 3:04:49 pm

You might-MIGHT-be able to have your colleague export an XML from 10.1 and try pulling it in that way. Possibly you could use Xto7 to bring it into FCP 7 and then export from FCP 7 to FCPX using 7toX.

"Whether you think you can or can't, you're right."

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: I'm stuck onMountain Lion and fcpx 10.0. How can I open a friend's 10.1 Projects?
on Feb 3, 2014 at 4:29:08 pm

Personally, if you don't want to upgrade your whole computer, I'd make a partition to your drive and create a Mavericks / FCPX 10.1 bootable set up, separate from your Mountain Lion / 10.0.9 set up. This is how I'm set up currently. The key is to make sure NOT to update your FCPX projects and events when you install FCPX on the partition. Then you can create a Final Cut Libraries folder on your media drive and have a separate working 10.1 program.

Any workaround you do trying to get 10.1 into 10.0.9 will be incomplete, and a pain in the ass likely. This is the most complete and pain-free way I can think of.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Simon Sieverts
on Feb 7, 2014 at 1:42:22 pm

Hi Chris, Hi Andy,

thanks so much for your speedy responses.
I looked into finding a workaround for importing 10.1 projects into 10.0 timeslines and it looks impossibly complicated.
My solution has been to borrow a colleague's MacBook Pro with fcpx 10.1 to do the changes.

I am just gonna have to bite the bullet and do the upgrades, I guess!
Thaks again for your help.

kind regards,

Simon Sieverts

treehaus
stereo 3D previs
EU-based

"where you hear a harmony sing a mellody"
Woody Guthrie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]