FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 4.1 is stalled and won't delete an active job.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Ford
Compressor 4.1 is stalled and won't delete an active job.
on Feb 2, 2014 at 11:13:41 pm

I'm trying to compress a .mov file in Compressor 4.1. The job is stalled with the progress bar sitting and spinning. The job is active and status says processing. The elapsed time is running, the Progress bar has advanced a bit but is stalled. I tried to cancel the job but noting happens I tried to pause the job, I get the warning that I will lose what has been compressed. I select "go ahead" and the progress bar just continues in a stall. I'm stuck. Compressor won't let me go on to any other jobs. Any ideas on how to get rid of this active job? I've closed out and restarted Compressor but the job is still there with the stalled progress bar.

Return to posts index

Lawrence Eaton
Re: Compressor 4.1 is stalled and won't delete an active job.
on Feb 2, 2014 at 11:50:19 pm

I've had the same issue & I used Compressor Repair and eventually Fcp Remover before everything started working, as should.
I think it may have something to do with an install over a current installation of Compressor.

Good luck,

Lawrence

Return to posts index

Jasper Thayer
on Feb 3, 2014 at 8:29:39 am

Heya!

The technique that's helped me remedy this error is to go to Compressor 4.1 Preferences/Advanced/Reset Queue and select the options to Cancel jobs and Restart jobs. Try to do this along with the tips mentioned in the Apple Support article.

Hope That helps!

Jasper Thayer
Apple Certified Trainer
https://FinalCutProX.net

Return to posts index

anita sancha
on Feb 3, 2014 at 1:33:47 pm

I"ve got problems with it too... just started today. not quite the same ... just that it keeps crashing almost as soon as I open it and there are 3 videos in the list to batch yet no "start Batch" button illuminated for me to click.. 2 of the videos have not even had codecs added to them... It just stuck "bombing" out.

Tried reset queue..and cancel jobs and restart jobs click reset. but no change. They don't seem to work. Tried clearing...history.. But just crashes.

Seems a bug... can't use compressor at all.

Cant clear history either.

Normally I would just reinstall but can't seem to work out how to do that either...

It got a Bug!!

CANT USE IT... just when I need it.. !

Thanks for all your help
Anita Sancha.

http://www.anitasancha.co.uk

Return to posts index

Warwick Teale
on Feb 28, 2014 at 2:23:09 pm

Hello guys.. this is a very simple to fix...  Compressor.app V4.1.x DOES maintain some state information in the structures for EACH defined QMASTER cluster in these libraries. Simply and selectively DELETE the CONTENTs of these libraries (folders) and crack up the Compressor.app V4.1.x applications and these stale "Active jobs will be gone.

You just need to PURGE the stale STATE information for the stale batch job.. which has been maintained over a failure and not cleaned up.

This sometimes happens when a service node in the Qmaster cluster strays and goes away (network outage etc ??)

NOTE: myth busting time: there is NO NEED to delete Compressor.parms, or reinstall the compressor.app app nor use any third party removal apps! These errors are usually the result of stale STATE information.

Although this MIGHT fix your these issues, it removed any of you customised Compressor.app SETTINGS, templates, droplets,locations, and HISTORY the latter being highly useful for RESTARTS and REDOS... and is highly disruptive and usually unnecessary during a client job!

So.. Try this: on each host that is part of the cluster or where this stale "Active" UI shows the dud jobs:

1) in Compressor.app v4.1.x preferences/my computer/"allow other computers.." = OFF (stops qmaster and releases shared storage structures)
2) (OPTIONALLY) quit the Compressor.app V4.1.x UI.
3) use the OSX Finder to navigate to your home directory's ~/Library/Application\ Support/Compressor/Storage or +shift+G and paste in the string path above.(use backslash for blank spaces in file path!)
you will see folders) that are names if hexadecimal strings like xxxxxxxx-yyyyyyyy - one for each defined cluster.. You may only have one. Inside each cluster you will see folder structures with names like (Jobs and Shared etc)
now INSIDe the JOBS folder will be some structure and some HIDDEN objects such as this little bugger .qmaster.plist that is causing the issue. (Just delete it all.
as an example.... you can see is as ls -a1r ~/Library/Application\ Support/Compressor/Storage/94941F8A-4FFBF45C/jobs
3) now DELETE the the cluster storages xxxxxxxx-yyyyyyyy or their contents of these Storage folders.
use the unix rm command to do this rather than the Finder Trash because an empty trash action may fail whilst serialising on these folder names.
4) in terminal.app and rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Compressor/Storage/xxxxxxxx-yyyyyyyy (deletes ALL the cluster info) - (use backslash for blank spaces in file path!)
5) next, Finder navigate to /users/shared/Library/Application Support/Compressor/Storage/xxxxxxxx-yyyyyyyy
6) Delete ALL the individual clusters storage .. there may be more than one.
as above , use the unix rm command to do this rather than the Finder Trash because an empty trash action may fail whilst serialising on these folder name
7) in terminal.app shell: rm -rf /users/shared/Library/Application \Support/Compressor/Storage/xxxxxxxx-yyyyyyyy
8) re-start Compressor.app V4.1.x
9) compressor.app v4.1.x preferences/my computer/"allow other computers.." = ON (starts qmaster and initialises the shared storage structures)
10) check your clusters in compressor.app v4.1.x preferences/ "shared computers"

Make sure you repeat this on all SERVICE nodes in the affected cluster.

Note we have 2-3 active any any time depending on the length and complexity of the transcode work.

should be right

HTH

The stale ACTIVE jobs should not show.

Also lots of good inform on compressor V4.1 on the  forums too.

Warwick
Hong Kong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]