FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX G-Raid Failures

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liam Bunston
FCPX G-Raid Failures
on Jan 28, 2014 at 10:31:30 am

Hello! First time poster, long time lurker!

I've recently migrated our production machines to FCPX 10.1 - Mavericks. It's been great working with X so far (perhaps because I've been a latecomer to it and not had to sit through all the c**p that initial users have).

We've had some trouble though, it seems our G-Raid devices have been acting very strangely. Many disconnect at random... We have no power issues and no cabling issues. The drives range from the newer USB 3.0 RAID 0 to the older FW800 RAID 0 coupled in with a Thunderbolt adapter.

It's very odd. I can't seem to pin it down to a particular cause, and there seem to be a lot of variables (New Editing software, New OS...)

We also have a Pegasus 2 R6 RAID which has had no trouble whatsoever. So thankfully this is our saving grace for projects at the moment. Has anyone else experienced this since migrating? Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks in advance,
Liam

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPX G-Raid Failures
on Jan 28, 2014 at 4:10:54 pm

Another user on this forum was having trouble with a GRaid.

He swapped the drive for something else and the trouble went away. I'm not sure if that means it's a manufacturing problem or not. It is worth contacting GRaid about it to see what they say.

Be sure that App Nap is turned off for fcpx.

Also, I'd be sure to check your energy saver prefs and uncheck the option to put hard drives to sleep.

Here's a thread: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/335/64582#64582

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Liam Bunston
Re: FCPX G-Raid Failures
on Jan 28, 2014 at 4:39:37 pm

Thanks Jeremy - I'll be sure to give this a go.

Liam

Super9 Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]