FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't delete event.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Ford
Can't delete event.
on Jan 27, 2014 at 10:26:05 pm

I have a non-event "UnionKitchen" in one of my Libraries that will not go away. It doesn't have a projects icon (blue square with single white star). I can't delete it, move it to the trash, rename it or move or copy it to another Library. I can't find it in the "Show Package Contents" for that library. When I select the "Event", Union Kitchen and try to upload media to it (just to see what happens), the media magically appears in the top Event, "LA". Does anyone know what's going on here? How do I get rid of it?

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: Can't delete event.
on Jan 27, 2014 at 10:38:49 pm

[Charles Ford] " How do I get rid of it?"

Sacrifice a virgin goat.

Return to posts index

Charles Ford
on Jan 27, 2014 at 10:46:24 pm

Way ahead of you Gary. That's the first thing I do when confronted with any technical problem. A no brainer. However it didn't work this time.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jan 27, 2014 at 11:14:34 pm

[Charles Ford] "How do I get rid of it? "

Sounds like the Library DB may be messed up. Try this... (First, make a backup copy of the "on location current" Library). Then, with the "on location.." Library open, create a new Library and call it "on location2 or whatever. Make an empty event in the original on location library, and then select the LA, Montains, NYC and Paris events, and move them to the new library. You need the empty event so you can move all your events out. Without leaving one event behind it won't let you... I suppose you could try to move them all without the leaving an empty event, maybe it'll see the Phantom Event as being left in the Library... ??

Does the Phantom Event appear as well? If so, I give up. ;-)

If not, delete the default empty event in the new library, close and trash the original (keeping the backup of course and off you go.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Charles Ford
on Jan 27, 2014 at 11:33:14 pm

Thanks Charlie! I made a second Location Library, copied the Events, less the "rogue" Event, into the new Library. I then went into the finder where the Libraries were located and sent the original Library to the trash. Such an obvious and logical solution, I was looking way beyond it. I still don't know how it all got started but thanks to you and the virgin goat, everything is back to normal.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]