FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where to download FCP X 10.0.9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Sherman
Where to download FCP X 10.0.9
on Jan 27, 2014 at 5:58:33 pm

I'm having some weird problems with FCP X today. I think a corrupt project file is causing all sorts of problems. Anyway, so now my Event Library is just gone. No matter what I do - show on the Main Display show on the secondary display it's just not there. So I'm trying to reinstall 10.0.9. Where can I actually get it from without having to move to 10.1.1?

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Where to download FCP X 10.0.9
on Jan 27, 2014 at 6:54:03 pm

[Brett Sherman] " No matter what I do - show on the Main Display show on the secondary display it's just not there"

Check that you haven't clicked "Hide Browser" in the View menu...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 27, 2014 at 6:59:59 pm

To add kb shortcuts to that.

Command-shift-1 (show/hide libraries) or control-command-1 (or as I like to call it, split finger 1. This shows/hides Browser).

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jan 27, 2014 at 7:02:44 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] " control-command-1 (or as I like to call it, split finger 1. This shows/hides Browser)."

Unless, like me, you have a custom command set... then none of the "new" kb shortcuts in X updates show up. Good to know that's what it is (should be). Off to add it back in, thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Jan 27, 2014 at 7:21:25 pm

Oh man! None of these work. I had tried both menu and keyboard shortcuts. Tried reinstalling FCP X 10.0.9 on my iMac that I have Mountain Lion on (to force it to install 10.0.9) No love. Still the same problem. My event library is just gone. Trying to restore to a Time Machine backup now. Hopefully that does it. I'm about at my whit's end.

Then on to dealing with corrupted project file. Not getting anything done today!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 27, 2014 at 7:31:48 pm

I would trash the "layout" file. Quit FCPX.

From the Finder hold option and choose Go > Library.

Then Application Support > Final Cut Pro > Layouts.

Trash them.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 27, 2014 at 7:33:00 pm

You should also trash preferences.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Jan 27, 2014 at 7:44:31 pm
Last Edited By Brett Sherman on Jan 27, 2014 at 8:42:02 pm

That did it! Trashing the layout. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 27, 2014 at 7:28:39 pm

[Charlie Austin] "Unless, like me, you have a custom command set... then none of the "new" kb shortcuts in X updates show up. Good to know that's what it is (should be). Off to add it back in, thanks!"

If I knew what I was doing, I'd write an app that combines custom shortcuts with the new shortcuts and revolves (or alerts) conflicts. It always takes a long time to merge my custom keys with the new keys. And as many features and updates Apple adds on every release, it can be cumbersome.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Jan 28, 2014 at 3:11:16 pm

Well the window problem got solved, but the corrupted project file was unrecoverable. The backup was corrupted. The automated backups with Pro Versioner were corrupted. I don't know what went wrong, but something went seriously awry. Luckily it was only a 4 or 5 hour edit so I should be able to recover in about 3 hrs. But I wasted most of yesterday trying to figure it out.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 28, 2014 at 3:45:44 pm

Sorry to hear that, Brett.

What was going on right before you couldn't open fcp anymore?

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Jan 28, 2014 at 6:04:23 pm

When I tried to open the project. It would just get stuck on the screen with the FCP X splash logo saying "Opening Project..." No beach balls, it just wouldn't do anything. I could go to the FCP X menu and click Quit. However, once I did that it would screw up my window layout file, so I'd have to go delete that. Also weirdly if I mounted the volume while FCP X was open it would crash the program.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 28, 2014 at 6:08:41 pm

[Brett Sherman] "When I tried to open the project. It would just get stuck on the screen with the FCP X splash logo saying "Opening Project..." No beach balls, it just wouldn't do anything. I could go to the FCP X menu and click Quit. However, once I did that it would screw up my window layout file, so I'd have to go delete that. Also weirdly if I mounted the volume while FCP X was open it would crash the program."

And before this started happening, you hadn't changed or moved anything?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 28, 2014 at 7:17:14 pm

What about the standard FCP X backups? File>Open Library>From Backups

This is different than the singular backup in the Library. These are timed backups of the library at 20min intervals. Should be able to go back in time past the point the corruption occurred.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Jan 28, 2014 at 7:41:28 pm
Last Edited By Brett Sherman on Jan 28, 2014 at 7:42:03 pm

I haven't upgraded to 10.1 yet. And yes it happened before I moved anything. I'm not completely sure if I closed FCP X when I left for the weekend. When I came back on Monday it was on the log-on screen. So something may have happened to the computer where it rebooted and corrupted the project file. But what's weird is every single copy got corrupted. I thought the backup was supposed to prevent that.

I had a wrong setting on Pro Versioner that I should not have had, so I was essentially left with the one backup from Pro Versioner that was also corrupted.

Oh well. The edit was better the second time around. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]