FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor not compressing???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Eaton
Compressor not compressing???
on Jan 24, 2014 at 12:34:49 am

When I submit a file to Compressor to create an H.264 I'm finding that the clock runs up to about ~50secs and then stops/ hangs. CPU activity then slowly dies off and I'm left with a "Processing" file that goes nowhere. I'm having to resort to diving into the Library>App support>Compressor and trashing all the stuff relating to the job.

My installation of Compressor 4.1 was a clean one and yet I get nowhere. (except the first 50 secs.)

Help anyone, please?

Lawrence

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Compressor not compressing???
on Jan 24, 2014 at 6:12:27 am

Try going to Compressor> Reset background processing. Choose "cancel and reset".

If that doesn't work, run Compressor Repair

I hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Lawrence Eaton
on Jan 25, 2014 at 8:31:53 pm

David,

Does Reset Background processing exist still in Compressor?

I went through the Compressor Repair route, many thanks-seemed to do the trick. I think my systems need a nice clean system rebuild!

Regards,

Lawrence

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jan 25, 2014 at 10:22:29 pm

Oh, I forgot anout the new compressor, I'm still stuck on mountain lion and the previous FCPX and compressor versions (waiting for Matrox to release Mavericks drivers) except my testing partition on a secondary Mac. So I'm not sure about reset background processing in the latest Compressor. But I'm quite happy with the performance of 10.1 on Mavericks!

Glad compressor repair did the trick.

I definitely recommend a clean install of Mavericks and Apps. To make it easier in the future, start collecting all your application installers, whether downloaded or on disc (not including Mac App Store apps of course). Save the install files and disc images to a "all installers" folder on an external and save license keys in a text document. Once everything you need is saved and organized, clean installs are a breeze! Then clean install at every full OS or major NLE version release, it only takes a couple hours to go from formatted drive to fully functional edit suite, at least that's the case with my setup

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]